I was flipping through one of my holiday cookie publications recently, when I stumbled upon a recipe for Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies. Made with no flour and only 3 simple ingredients, I was intrigued by how seemingly easy these cookies were. Not only are these Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies easy to make, they are super tasty too. I was pleasantly surprised at how something so simple can be so incredible! The result is a soft and chewy cookie that is perfectly peanut buttery. While perfect as-is, a cup of chocolate chips or chopped peanuts would be a delicious addition to this recipe.
- 1 cup natural peanut butter (chunky or creamy)
- ¾ cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- In a large bowl, beat peanut butter, sugar and egg together until blended. Put in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to firm up the dough.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment.
- Drop dough by tablespoonful onto prepared cookie sheet and flatten with the tines of a fork, creating a cross-hatch pattern. (Tip: It is helpful to spray fork with cooking spray to keep it from sticking to cookie).
- Bake for 8 minutes (Note: Be careful not to overbake, otherwise it will result in a crisper cookie). Let cool on cookie sheet for 10 minutes and then move to a wire rack to cool completely.
Adapted from Taste of Home: Holiday Cookies