Individual Dark Chocolate Pudding Cakes are an easy recipe for warm, gooey chocolate cakes made in a ramekin that take only minutes to prepare. Thank you to Idahoan® for sponsoring this post.
One of my favorite steakhouse meals consists of a bowl of creamy potato soup, a perfectly cooked filet mignon and ends with a wonderfully decadent chocolate dessert. Fortunately we have discovered an a delicious, easy way to re-create this tasty meal at home. I will start with how I like to start most of my meals…with dessert first! This recipe for Individual Dark Chocolate Pudding Cakes results in a seemingly decadent yet simple chocolate dessert that is the perfect ending to any meal.
Individual Warm Dark Chocolate Pudding Cakes are warm and gooey with a rich chocolate flavor that rivals any of our restaurant favorites. Served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream (that gets a little melty), it is pure perfection! As an added bonus, this recipe takes minutes to prepare and can be made ahead of time (perfect for entertaining or for enjoying one tonight/one tomorrow!)
To complement the ease of this dessert, we have found an equally easy restaurant-quality soup with Idahoan® Premium Steakhouse® Potato Soups. Filled with real Idaho® red potatoes and red potato skins, these hearty soups deliver exceptional taste and texture in every spoonful. These delicious soups are made by conveniently just add water to prepare restaurant-quality soup at home within 5 minutes!
With four delicious varieties to choose from – Creamy Potato, Loaded Potato, Cheddar Broccoli and Three Cheese Chipotle – re-creating a steakhouse experience at home often happens at our house several nights a week! My daughter’s favorite is the Cheddar Broccoli, my son’s is the Three Cheese Chipotle, and my husband’s is the Loaded Baked Potato. Since we love them all, we take turns choosing our favorite and then how we want to recreate our steakhouse experience at home.
Sometimes we serve it in a bread bowl, with a side of garlic toast or a pretzel roll, a simple salad or with (my favorite) these Cheesy Cornbread Muffins. Between the ease of preparation, the many delicious possibilities and just how tasty the Idahoan® Premium Steakhouse® Potato Soups are, we look forward to the soup course above everything else and sometimes forgo the main course!
In the event we save enough room after enjoying a our delicious Idahoan® Premium Steakhouse® Potato Soups, these Individual Dark Chocolate Pudding Cakes can be whipped up in no time using ingredients that can be kept on hand at all times. The are deliciously decadent and the perfect ending to any meal!
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
- 2 eggs, whites and yolks separated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees (if not making ahead). Spray four 6 to 8 ounce ramekins with cooking spray, place on a baking sheet and set aside.
- Using a double boiler (or a mixing bowl placed over simmering water), melt chocolate and butter, stirring occasionally. Once melted, remove from heat and mix in 2 tablespoons sugar and then egg yolks and vanilla, stirring until until combined. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat egg whites and salt until soft peaks form. Add 2 tablespoon sugar and beat until stiff and glossy.
- Fold ⅓ egg white mixture into chocolate mixture, gently stirring to combine. Add the rest of the egg whites, gently folding until combined. Divide evenly among prepared ramekins. (If making ahead, stop here. Cover cakes with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to bake).
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the cakes puff up and the tops begin to crack. Be careful not to over bake. A toothpick inserted in the center should come out gooey. Serve warm or at room temperature, topped with ice cream, if desired.
This post is sponsored by Idahoan®. All thoughts and opinions are my own.