Cheesy Cornbread Muffins are easy, cheesy buttermilk cornbread muffins that take minutes to prepare and pair perfectly with a bowl of soup! Thank you to Idahoan® for sponsoring this post.
I have never seen a batch of muffins disappear as quickly as these Cheesy Cornbread Muffins. My kids wanted them for breakfast, lunch and dinner…and I don’t blame them. I managed to sample a portion of one of these tasty muffin morsels. They are cheesy good and have the delicious taste of cornbread with a hint of sweetness. It was one of those moments that brought my mind to a familiar place…a favorite local steakhouse!
One of the main reasons we go to this steakhouse is for the cornbread. Nothing makes a tastier meal than cornbread and soup, of course. But with two active, busy kids, it is not always convenient to go out to eat. So when I discovered tasty Idahoan® Premium Steakhouse® Potato Soups, paired with these equally tasty Cheesy Cornbread Muffins, we can bring the steakhouse home any day of the week!
To recreate this steakhouse favorite at home, first make the Cheesy Cornbread Muffins. Simply start by combining dry ingredients and shredded cheese. Next whisk sugar with eggs, buttermilk and oil. Add dry ingredients to buttermilk mixture and fold until combined. Divide among muffins cups, sprinkle extra cheese over the tops before baking and then bake until puffed up to golden, cheesy perfection.
While the muffins are baking, make your favorite Idahoan® Premium Steakhouse® Potato Soups, which takes only minutes to make! Idahoan® Premium Steakhouse® Potato Soups are available in four delicious flavor varieties: Creamy Potato, Loaded Potato, Cheddar Broccoli and Three Cheese Chipotle. Unlike other dry soups that take more than 15 minutes to prepare by stove, with Idahoan® Premium Steakhouse® Potato Soups, you can conveniently just add water and prepare restaurant-quality soup in your kitchen within five minutes.
A delicious bowl of Cheddar Broccoli Idahoan® Premium Steakhouse® Potato Soup paired with these Cheesy Cornbread Muffins – steakhouse perfection made in minutes!
- ¾ cup yellow cornmeal
- 1¼ cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1¼ cups shredded cheese, divided (I use sharp cheddar)
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ⅓ cup oil
- Preheat oven to 425F degrees. Spray 12-cup muffin tin with baking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine cornmeal, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add 1 cup cheese, tossing to combine.
- In a large bowl, whisk sugar, eggs, buttermilk, oil until combined. Gradually add flour mixture to buttermilk mixture, folding until combined.
- Divide batter evenly among prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle remaining cheese over the tops of the batter. Bake for 11 to 13 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
This post is sponsored by Idahoan®. All thought and opinions are my own.