Cranberry Orange Bundt Cake is a simple vanilla buttermilk-based cake studded with cranberries and fresh orange zest throughout. Perfect for holiday gatherings, afternoon tea, or any time! Thank you to Lipton for sponsoring this post.
It is no secret that I love a good bundt cake recipe, especially for entertaining during the holiday season. They are easy to make (usually prepared in minutes!), look pretty right out of the pan, and can get away with a simple dusting of powdered sugar over the top.
One of our favorite versions is this Blueberry Buttermilk Bundt Cake recipe. With the holiday season upon us, I wanted to reimagine this family favorite with a winter twist. By taking advantage of the abundance of fresh cranberries and citrus of the season, this Cranberry Orange Bundt Cake combines tart and tangy flavors from the cranberries and orange with the simple sweetness of the vanilla buttermilk cake.
Whenever my family sees the bundt pan on the counter, they know good things are going to happen – beyond the excitement of cake, of course. They know it means we will be enjoying special moments with family and friends. From holiday brunches to an impromptu celebration to spontaneous dinner parties or a simple afternoon tea, this Cranberry Orange Bundt Cake is my go-to recipe for all occasions this holiday season (deliciously paired with another versatile favorite, Lipton Greet Tea Citrus Flavored Iced Tea).
Prepared in minutes, this Cranberry Orange Bundt Cake is bursting with juicy cranberries, vibrant orange zest and simple vanilla,…all baked into one delicious cake that is a must-make this holiday season. Enjoy!
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 4 ounces (1/2 package) cream cheese, softened (I used ⅓ less fat)
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh cranberries, halved
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- zest of 1 orange (approximately 1 tablespoon)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Powdered sugar, for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a 12-inch Bundt pan with baking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter, cream cheese and sugar until well-blended and fluffy. Add eggs and egg white, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
- Toss cranberries with 2 tablespoons flour.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the remaining flour with orange zest, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Alternate gradually adding flour mixture and buttermilk to the creamed mixture, beating after each addition until just combined. Gently fold in cranberries.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 15 minutes before removing to wire rack to cool completely.
- Dust with powdered sugar before serving, if desired.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Lipton. The opinions and text are all mine.