This Individual Broccoli Cheddar Frittata recipe is a cheesy, high protein, veggie-packed frittata made for one. However, this recipe can easily be multiplied to yield single-serve frittatas for many. Thank you to Pompeian for sponsoring this post.
We often enjoy frittatas as an easy, high-protein meal with lots of vegetables and cheese. Perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner, frittatas are healthy, versatile and always a favorite. While I typically make them in a skillet and serve in wedges, there is something extra special about a single-serve frittata served in a ramekin. So I decided to mix things up from my usual spinach version (which is tasty too!) to make an Individual Broccoli Cheddar Frittata!
Preparation for this Individual Broccoli Cheddar Frittata is simple. First place ramekin(s) on a baking sheet, put in oven and then set the oven to preheat. Meanwhile prepare the frittata ingredients, which takes minutes to whip together. Remove heated ramekin from oven, spray with Pompeian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Spray and fill with frittata mixture. Cook until puffed up and golden and serve immediately!
Pompeian recently introduced a new Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Spray, which is ideal for salads, pasta and drizzling as well as spraying the ramekins in this Individual Broccoli Cheddar Frittata and so much more. We use this spray often in every day cooking, and Pompeian’s commitment to quality and authenticity can be tasted in each and every bottle.
Individual Broccoli Cheddar Frittatas cooked in a ramekin are not only convenient and cute, but have an impressive presentation as they puff up like a souffle during baking. Perfect for one, perfect for company, perfect for any time, this Individual Broccoli Cheddar Frittata recipe is a must-make!
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ cups cooked broccoli, chopped
- pinch of crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pompeian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Spray
- Place 7 (or 8)-ounce ramekin on rimmed baking sheet and place in oven. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- While oven is heating, in a large bowl, whisk egg, egg whites, 1 tablespoon cheese, milk, crushed red pepper, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Spray a non-stick skillet with Pompeian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Spray and heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant (about 1 minute). Add broccoli and cook until warmed (2 to 3 minutes).
- Add broccoli mixture to egg mixture.
- Remove baking sheet from oven and coat ramekin with Pompeian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Spray . Immediately pour egg mixture into dish and top with remaining 1 tablespoon cheese. Bake until frittata is puffed up and golden brown, about 15 minutes. Serve immediately.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Pompeian. All opinions are my own.