Patriotic M&M Cookie Bars are a chewy, brown sugar cookie bar studded with red, white and blue M&M candies that takes minutes to make. Perfect quick and easy dessert for the 4th of July or any patriotic celebration (or any time!)
Looking for a special dessert that is quick and easy to make for summer parties? Look no further than these Patriotic M&M Cookie Bars! This is one of my favorite recipes to make for a crowd (or a small family to enjoy all week long) 🙂
The kids and I have been having way too much fun with red, white and blue M&Ms this summer. We made Pretzel Kiss Candies into festive treats for Memorial Day treats and now these Patriotic M&M Cookie Bars for the fourth of July. Obviously any color M&M candies will work, but there has been something special about patriotic colors this year.
Patriotic M&M Cookie Bars start with a simple brown sugar cookie bar base that is mixed with festive red, white and blue M&M candies. The bars are perfectly chewy and delicious, and the M&Ms take them over the top! Plus they cake only minutes to prepare and are so easy, the kids can help too!
- 1½ cups packed brown sugar
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup Red, White and Blue M&M chocolate candies
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Spray 13x9-inch baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a small bowl whisk flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, stir sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla until combined. Add flour mixture and stir until combined. Fold in M&M candies.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking dish and bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool before serving.
The theme for Sunday Supper this week is Easy to Make Patriotic 4th of July Recipes, hosted by Cindy of Cindy’s Recipes and Writings. If you are looking to add to your 4th of July menu (or looking for ideas to create one!), the Sunday Supper tastemakers have you covered with over 40 easy patriotic recipes. Enjoy!
- Honey Berry Blue Cheese Ball by Magnolia Days
- How to make Chicken Yakitori in Skewers for #SundaySupper by Asian In America
America the Beautiful Beverages
Raise the Flag Breakfasts
- Breakfast Cake Stars with Strawberry Syrup by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Red, White, and Blue Berrylicious Smoothie Bowl by The Hungry Goddess
For the Red, White and Blue Salads and Main Dishes
- Bang Bang Pork Chops by Wholistic Woman
- Blueberry and Watermelon Arugula Salad by A Mind Full Mom
- Blueberry Barbecue Sauce for Red, White and Blue Chicken Skewers by Caroline’s Cooking
- Firecracker Hot Dogs by Sunday Supper Movement
- Founder’s Mac and Cheese by Cooking Chat
- Pumped Up Potato Salad by Food Lust People Love
- Red Hot Chicken and Blue Cheese Bites by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Red White & Blue Caprese Salad by Go Epicurista
- Red White and Blue Fruit Salad by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Red, White, and Blue Salad by Simple and Savory
- Watermelon Salad with Feta & Blueberries by Monica’s Table
- Yankee Doodle Noodle Salad by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Oh Say Can You See Desserts
- All-American Patriotic Dessert Tarts by Family Around The Table
- Berry Cheesecake Flag Dessert by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cherry Vanilla Poke Cake by Cookin’ Mimi
- Easy (No Bake!) Two Bite Berry Pies by Cooking With Carlee
- Firecracker Muddy Buddies by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Flag Fruit Pizza by Dash of Evans
- Homemade Snow Cones by Palatable Pastime
- Patriotic M&M Cookie Bars by Alida’s Kitchen
- Patriotic Smoothie Pops by Crazed Mom
- Red, White, and Blue Berry Pound Cake Bites by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Red, White and Blue Fruit Kabob Flag by La Bella Vita Cucina
- Red, White, and Blue Fruit Tart by Life Tastes Good
- Red, White and Blue Granita by Dessert Geek
- Red, White, and Blue M&M Cookies by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Red White and Blue Parfaits by Desserts Required
- Red, White and Blue Popsicles by Our Good Life
- Red, White, and Blue Rice Krispie Treats by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Red, White and Blue Shooting Stars by The Freshman Cook
- Red White and Blue Strawberries with Chantilly Cream by Pine Needles In My Salad
- Rice Krispies Treat Birthday Cake by Pies and Plots
- Rosemary Cookies with Tomato Jam by The Finer Cookie
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.