Spinach Artichoke Chicken Rice Casserole transforms cheesy spinach artichoke dip into a delicious healthy casserole with chicken and rice that is easy to make and the whole family will enjoy! Thank you to Minute® Rice for sponsoring this post.
Kids and eating – one of life’s great mysteries. One day they love broccoli, the next day they declare it is the worst thing ever (and follow that up by eating up all their broccoli, asking for more,..but it’s still the worst 😉 ) Enter busy weeknights and these fun challenges definitely keep parents on their toes. Pantry staples that I always have on hand and know my family likes, such as Minute® Rice, make it easy and fun to come up with easy recipe ideas, like this Spinach Artichoke Chicken Rice Casserole.
This easy, cheesy Spinach Artichoke Chicken Rice Casserole is inspired by the ever popular spinach artichoke dip, transformed into a healthy meal that is beyond delicious! A combination of Minute® Whole Grain Brown Rice and cheese (always a winner with the kids) plus spinach, artichokes, chicken, diced tomatoes with garlic and herbs and Greek yogurt make this simple casserole an extraordinary meal the whole family will enjoy.
Preparation for this Spinach Artichoke Chicken Rice Casserole is simple, starting with the easiest part – the rice! I use Minute® Whole Grain Brown Rice, which is non-GMO and gluten free. It cooks in 10 minutes and has a rich, nutty flavor that goes so well with the cheese and vegetables in this dish.
While the rice is cooking, I poach and shred chicken (leftover rotisserie chicken would work well too). Then simply combine the rice and chicken with the vegetables, Greek yogurt for creaminess and cheese, sprinkle some bonus cheese on top, and bake. The result is a wonderful, weeknight (any night!) meal that even had my 3 year old asking for thirds!!
- 1 cup Minute® Whole Grain Brown Rice
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 jar (14 ounces) artichokes, drained and chopped
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano, undrained
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt (I used nonfat)
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Spray a 9-inch square baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- MAKE RICE: Cook rice according to package directions.
- POACH CHICKEN: Meanwhile, put chicken in another sauce pan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for 10 minutes, or until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Carefully remove cooked chicken to a separate bowl and using two forks, shred chicken.
- ASSEMBLE AND BAKE: In a large bowl, combine rice, chicken, spinach, artichokes, tomatoes , yogurt and 1½ cups shredded cheese. Pour into prepared baking dish and cover with foil. Bake for 20 minutes, remove foil and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake for 5 to 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
For recipe ideas and special offers from Minute® Rice sent straight to your inbox, join The Riceipe Club® by signing up https://www.minuterice.com/en-us/riceipe_club/signup/default.aspx.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Minute® Rice.