For an easy recipe for game day, try Slow Cooker Beer Chicken Fajitas made with a seasoned beer-lime marinade and served in mini soft tortilla boats and topped with a yogurt-avocado cream.
Whether it is homegating with family or hosting a big game day party, easy recipes made in a slow cooker are a lifesaver for preparing party food. This recipe for Slow Cooker Beer Chicken Fajitas is as easy as they come, makes plenty for a crowd and becomes an instant fan favorite!
For this Slow Cooker Beer Chicken Fajitas recipe, I picked up some Old El Paso™, Budweiser®, and Yoplait® products from my local Walmart and had the recipe cooking in minutes after getting home. First, simply prepare the chicken and vegetables and put them into the slow cooker. Next whip together a simple marinade with lime juice, spices and beer, pour it over the top and then let the slow cooker do the rest. The result is juicy southwestern chicken and vegetables with a hint of lime and beer. The flavors are subtle and delicious, and come together perfectly!
For serving, I found mini soft tortilla taco boats from Old El Paso™. They transform Slow Cooker Beer Chicken Fajitas into fun finger food, fit for any party! The tortilla boats are sturdy, which makes filling and serving a snap. Plus they look adorable on a serving platter, all ready to be filled with Slow Cooker Beer Chicken Fajitas and decorated with favorite fajita toppings.
For topping, I made a simple yogurt avocado cream, combining Yoplait® plain Greek yogurt with a mashed avocado. Then I put the avocado cream in a baggie with the corner cut off and pipped the cream over the fajita boats for a little decoration, in addition to some shredded cheese and a sprig of cilantro (or parsley, if you’re not a fan of cilantro, like me!)
Slow Cooker Beer Chicken Fajitas makes plenty to serve a crowd, are so fun served in the little tortilla boats, and become even more delicious topped with the avocado cream. These would make a wonderful addition to your big game party! Who are you watching the big game with?
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup Bud Light® beer
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 avocado
- ½ cup plain Yoplait® Greek yogurt
- Old El Paso™ Mini soft tortilla taco boats
- Topping suggestions: shredded cheese, salsa, cilantro
- CHICKEN: Put chicken, peppers and onions in slow cooker. In a small bowl, whisk beer, lime juice, tomato paste, chili powder and cumin until combined. Pour over chicken mixture and toss to combine. Cook in slow cooker on high for 4 hours, until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Once cooked, remove chicken from slow cooker to shred and return to slow cooker to keep warm for serving.
- AVOCADO CREAM: In a small bowl, mash avocado and combine with yogurt. Serve over fajitas.
- SERVING: Heat Old El Paso® Mini soft tortilla taco boats according to package directions. Fill taco boats with chicken mixture and top with avocado cream and other favorite toppings, such as shredded cheese, salsa or cilantro.
Find all of your favorite Old El Paso™, Budweiser®, and Yoplait® products and more at Walmart!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of General Mills. The opinions and text are all mine.