This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of DairyPure Milk. All opinions are 100% mine.
Apple Cranberry Baked French Toast is an easy overnight breakfast casserole made with caramelized brown sugar apples, dried cranberries and cinnamon bread baked in an applesauce custard. Quick to make ahead, perfect for a holiday breakfast!
On the night before Christmas and all through my kitchen, I will be sauteing and stirring a quick and easy breakfast casserole to bake for eager mouths the next morning. Even with how busy this time of year can be, an easy recipe like this Apple Cranberry Baked French Toast is perfect. It is effortless, made in about 15 minutes and then chills overnight,…all ready to bake into deliciousness the next morning! This Apple Cranberry Baked French Toast begins by sauteing apples in a little butter and cinnamon and then stirring in brown sugar to melt and coat the apples. I could stop right there and eat that tasty apple mixture with a spoon…so good! Next simple put cubed bread in a baking dish, add dried cranberries, pour the apple mixture over the cranberries and then pour an applesauce custard over everything to coat. Then simple cover and refrigerate overnight to bake the following day.
The applesauce custard is made with applesauce and vanilla, along with a basic French toast batter of eggs and milk. For the milk, I use DairyPure skim milk from my local dairy, which is also available nationwide. DairyPure is the only milk baked by an exclusive 5 Point Purity Promise:
- No artificial growth hormones (note: this point requires the following legal copy – “No significant difference has been shown between milk derived from cows treated with the artificial growth hormone rbST and non‐rbST‐treated cows.”)
- All milk is tested for antibiotics
- Continuously quality tested to ensure purity
- Only from cows fed a healthy diet
- Cold shipped fresh from your local dairy
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 apples, diced (about 2 cups)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 loaf (16 ounces) cinnamon swirl bread, cut into cubes
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup milk (I used skim)
- 1½ cups applesauce
- 8 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Spray 13x9-inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Melt butter in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add apples and cinnamon and cook for 10 minutes, or until golden. Stir in brown sugar and cook until melted.
- In a large bowl, whisk together milk, applesauce, eggs and vanilla.
- Put bread cubes in prepared baking dish. Sprinkle cranberries evenly over bread cubes and pour apple mixture evenly on top of cranberries.
- Pour milk mixture over the top, making sure everything gets well coated.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- BAKE: Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Uncover and bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until set and golden.