Lemon Coconut Crescent Pinwheels are a flaky, buttery crescent roll filled with lemon curd and coconut. This simple do-it-yourself breakfast pastry takes minutes to make using only three ingredients!
We have been pumpkin everything lately, from pie to cake and beyond! While my family is crazy for pumpkin, by the time Thanksgiving rolls around, I have a feeling they will be looking for a change. Instead of our usual Pumpkin Baked French Toast (which is really, really good, by the way!!), I am thinking we will mix things up a bit with a quick and easy do-it-yourself pastry that can be whipped together in minutes. Lemon Coconut Crescent Pinwheels are sweet, refreshing, delicious and far from pumpkin anything.
Lemon Coconut Crescent Pinwheels take minutes to prepare and then bake into a warm, flaky, buttery breakfast pastry filled with lemon curd and sweetened coconut. Thanks to the ease of using Pillsbury® Crescent rolls dough, these Lemon Coconut Crescent Pinwheels are made with only three ingredients that can be kept on hand at all times…perfect for a holiday brunch, an impromptu breakfast treat, or any time.
To make Lemon Coconut Crescent Pinwheels, first unroll the Pillsbury® Crescents dough. If using the Original Crescents, then pinch the seems together to create a full sheet (that is what I do). Otherwise, when I was at Walmart, I also found Pillsbury® seamless Crescent dough sheet, which would also work well. Next spread the dough with lemon curd and then sprinkle with coconut. Then roll up the dough (lengthwise), slice, place on a baking sheet and bake until puffed up and golden.
I have a feeling these Lemon Coconut Crescent Pinwheels will become a regular holiday tradition…enjoy!
- 8 ounce Pillsbury® Crescent Rolls (or Dough)
- ⅓ cup lemon curd
- ½ cup sweetened, flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Unroll Pillsbury® Crescent Rolls and press edges together to create one big sheet of dough (or if using dough, simply unroll).
- Spread lemon curd over dough and then sprinkle with coconut.
- Roll up dough tightly.
- Cut into 12 slices (note: a plastic or silicone knife or using unflavored floss works well for this step) and place on prepared baking dish. Sprinkle tops with extra coconut, if desired.
- Bake for 13 to 15 minutes, or until dough is golden.
Find your favorite Pillsbury® Grands!®, Crescents®, Sweet Rolls® rolls at Walmart!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Pillsbury. The opinions and text are all mine.