This easy recipe for Cinnamon Buttermilk Baked Doughnuts transforms a family favorite cinnamon sugar dusted buttermilk doughnut into a healthier version baked in the oven. Insight for this post was provided by GE Café™ Series.
Cinnamon Buttermilk Baked Doughnuts have become a regular feature for our entertaining menus for the holidays or any time. They remind me of a childhood favorite doughnut my grandma used to make, but made easier and without frying. These doughnuts take minutes to prepare and bake in less than 10 minutes. Perfect timing for the kids’ short attention spans (or maybe just their eager tummies!)
This recipe for Cinnamon Buttermilk Baked Doughnuts is great to get the kids involved too. They help measure, pour and watch the clock while they bake. The result is a simple buttermilk doughnut with a cinnamon sugar dusting with each bite. Bonus – we can make them ahead of time, which is always handy with holiday planning.
With the holidays just around the corner, we are coordinating our events, menus and strategies. Having make ahead, easy recipes, like these Cinnamon Buttermilk Baked Doughnuts, help spread out the workload, while also leaving the oven available for other cooking and baking needs. I dream of the day when we will be lucky enough to have a double oven (like a gorgeous GE Café™ Series range – love!!) to simplify the hectic time in the kitchen during the holidays.
As the busy season of holiday entertaining approaches, new appliances are always at the top of my Christmas list. Just like everyone else, our house has a revolving door this time of year – and it seems like everybody gathers in the kitchen. The GE Café™ Series is a dream come true for people us. With inspired aesthetics and impressive power that mimic great restaurants, The GE Café™ Series is the perfect chef’s complement with details designed to help meals become masterpieces and innovative features that are made to order…like these tasty Cinnamon Buttermilk Baked Doughnuts!
For more holiday inspiration, visit the GE Café™ Series board on Pinterest.
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour (or all purpose flour)
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup cinnamon sugar, for topping
- Preheat oven to 425F degrees. Spray doughnut pans with baking spray and set aside. Put cinnamon sugar in a bowl.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In a separate bowl, whisk buttermilk, eggs, honey, butter and vanilla. Add to flour mixture, folding gently until combined.
- Pipe batter into the wells of the doughnut pans, filling about ¾ full.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from pan and dip the top of each warm doughnut in the cinnamon sugar and set on a wire rack to cool completely.
Insight for this post was provided by GE Café™ Series – bringing your family together in the kitchen for holidays meals…or any time!