This easy recipe for Santa Fe Chicken Baked Quesadillas transforms a simple can of soup into an easy, cheesy, finger food favorite the whole family will love!
As the temperatures get cooler and busier months approaching, with the holiday season, parties, school productions and everything in between, quick and easy comfort foods are very popular in our house. Make ahead casseroles, chili, ready to eat soups – all are great for that first taste of warmth for the fall season. And then sometimes we transform these comfort food favorites into a fun finger foods, like these Santa Fe Chicken Baked Quesadillas!
Our kids love to try bites of our soup, but I struggle with the whole giving them hot liquid with a spoon thing to eat on their own. As I was staring at a can of Progresso Light Zesty Santa Fe Style Chicken Ready-to-Eat soup, I had an idea. What if we drain the soup, mix it with mashed black beans, spread it over tortillas, sprinkle with cheese and top with another tortilla? A tasty recipe for Santa Fe Chicken Baked Quesadillas, of course.
Since we recently made these Black Bean Spinach Baked Quesadillas, the recipe was fresh in my mind and served as the perfect base to modify for Santa Fe Chicken Baked Quesadillas. I simply modified the filling to include the soup, resulting in an easy quesadilla recipe filled with chicken rice, black beans, corn, bell peppers from the soup, plus additional mashed black beans and cheese. So good! The method of baking quesadillas is so easy, leaving just enough hands off time to prepare the rest of dinner while they bake. Enjoy!
- ¾ cups shredded cheese (colby jack or cheddar)
- 1 can Progresso Zesty Santa Fe Chicken Ready-To-Eat Soup, drained
- 1 can black beans, rinsed, drained and mashed
- 6 8-inch tortillas
- Preheat oven to 425F degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combined drained soup and mashed black beans.
- Lay 3 tortillas on prepared baking sheets. Divide evenly the bean mixture and spread over each tortilla. Sprinkle ¼ cup cheese over each tortilla and top with remaining tortilla.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until cheese is melty and the top tortilla is golden. Slice in wedges and serve.
What soup fits your current mood? Progresso is made with fresh ingredients that you can feel good about giving your family. Progresso soups pair well with a variety of other foods and can be a part of a creative meal for one or for the whole family.
Find your favorite Progresso soups at your local Walmart.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of General Mills. The opinions and text are all mine.