Halloween breakfast just got tastier with this easy recipe for Orange Scream Baked French Toast. Thank you to TruMoo Milk for sponsoring this post.
With Halloween only two weeks away, needless to say the kids are excited. We have visited the local pumpkin patch to pick pumpkins (and jump in the humongous pumpkin bouncy house!) We have decorated the house. And we finally have costumes! We are eager for the big day, but…the anticipation seems to be also part of the fun, right? Since Halloween is on a Saturday this year, we look forward to making an entire day of it, starting with a special Halloween breakfast ~ this Orange Scream Baked French Toast!
We often enjoy baked French toast for holidays and special occasions. It is easy to make, enjoyed by all and serves plenty. Pretty perfect! When I was walking in the dairy aisle of the store and saw TruMoo’s Orange Scream milk, I had visions of a Halloween-inspired Orange Scream Baked French Toast dancing in my head!
TruMoo Orange Scream is inspired by an orange frozen popsicle with vanilla ice cream. It reminded me of orange sherbet…so good! TruMoo Orange Scream contains no artificial growth hormones or high-fructose corn syrup and is made with low-fat white milk from your local dairy. TruMoo Orange Scream milk is a limited edition available nationwide from September 15th – October 31st, which means so is this Orange Scream Baked French Toast. What a fun Halloween tradition!
Inspiration for this recipe came from this Pumpkin Baked French Toast recipe, which we make often. Start with cinnamon swirl bread cut into cubes. Mix TruMoo Orange Scream and eggs in a large bowl. Add bread, stir until combined and pour into a baking dish. At this point, the French toast can be covered and refrigerated for several hours (overnight works well, it is ready in the morning). There is also a brown sugar buttery oat topping that gets sprinkled over the top before baking. Then simple bake and enjoy!
- 1 loaf (16 ounces) cinnamon swirl bread, cut into cubes
- 2 cups TruMoo Orange Scream
- 6 eggs
- ¼ cup oats
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Spray a 13x9-inch baking dish with baking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk TruMoo Orange Scream milk and eggs. Add bread cubes and stir until coated. Pour into prepared baking dish. Cover and refrigerate overnight (at least 8 hours).
- Meanwhile, prepare topping: using two forks (or fingers) combine oats, brown sugar and butter until combined and crumbly.
- BAKE: Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Uncover French toast and sprinkle prepared topping over the top. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until set.
Find out more about TruMoo by visiting their website, and keep in touch on Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram