This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Hormel Foods. All opinions are 100% mine.
Pulled Pork Mac and Cheese combines a mesquite barbecue roasted pork tenderloin with a simple stove top macaroni and cheese recipe for an easy, delicious dinner the whole family will love! One of my favorite times during the day is dinner. Our whole family eats together, and we get a chance to talk about the fun events from the day! Family meals eaten at home have been proven to benefit the health and wellness of children and adolescents, to fight obesity, substance abuse and to make families stronger – creating a positive impact on our communities and our nation as a whole. So we like to come up with fun, delicious recipes that will have everyone running to the table, like this Pulled Pork Mac and Cheese! For this Pulled Pork Mac and Cheese, I used my standard stove top macaroni and cheese recipe that uses only four ingredients – pasta, cheese, evaporated milk and an egg. We enjoy stove top macaroni and cheese for dinner several times a month – mainly because it is made in less than 15 minutes and the kids love it. While we would happily eat the plain version all the time, it also serves as a great base for fun twists, such as this version with spinach and this version with kale and bacon.
For the pulled pork, I roasted a HORMEL® Always Tender pork loin filet, mesquite barbecue flavor and then shredded it using the stand mixer.
HORMEL® pre-marinated pork roasts are now even more tender, juicy and delicious than ever before! I simple put it in a baking dish, put it in the oven and waited for the kitchen timer to ding! No prep time and no cleanup required. While the pork roasted, I made the stove top macaroni and cheese, steamed broccoli in the microwave and then assembled everything once it was ready. My entire family was so excited for Pulled Pork Mac and Cheese, sneaking bites of pulled pork before I could even assemble the dish! I was excited with how quickly and easily this recipe came together. Win-win all around!
- 1 HORMEL® ALWAYS TENDER® Mesquite Barbecue Pork Loin Filet
- 12 ounces elbow macaroni (or any short pasta)
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 (12-ounce) can fat free evaporated milk
- 8 ounces broccoli florets
- PORK: Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line a low baking dish with foil.
- Put pork loin filet in prepared baking dish and cook for 35 minutes or until meat thermometer reaches 155°F. Let rest for 5 minutes prior to shredding. Shred either with forks or using a stand mixer with paddle attachment. Set aside.
- MAC and CHEESE: Meanwhile, in a large sauce pan, cook pasta to al dente according to package directions, drain and put back in the sauce pan over medium-low heat.
- Add cheese, egg, and milk, stirring constantly and cook for 4 minutes, or until cheese melts.
- BROCCOLI: Put broccoli florets in a microwavable bowl with 1 tablespoon water, cover and cook for 3 minutes, or until tender (Note: time may vary depending on your microwave)
- COMBINE: In a large bowl, combine shredded pork and macaroni and cheese. Add broccoli, and stir to combine. Serve warm.
September is National Family Meals Month. The FMI Family Meals program recognizes the importance of eating meals together as a family for either breakfast or dinner (or both!). Hormel products are key ingredients to make quick and easy family meals. Visit Hormel Foods for more information, savings/coupons and newsletter signup, as well as to find out more about Family Meals and Easy Recipe Ideas.
Raise Your Mitt to Commit! Visit the Hormel Facebook Page and submit a photo of your family eating a meal at home for a chance to win one of a variety of prizes!