Vanilla Bean Roasted Peaches are warm peaches roasted in a buttery vanilla bean sauce, topped with vanilla ice cream and raspberries. Simple, elegant and delicious!
For Sunday Supper this week, we are celebrating Labor Day with Gallo Family Vineyards. From a backyard bbq to a quiet picnic at the park, everyone has a special way to celebrate the last taste of summer! The Sunday Supper tastemakers are sharing recipes, wine pairings and tips for making the three day weekend special.
One of my favorite things about the end of summer is Colorado peaches are finally in season. Little did I realize how passionate people are about their peaches – California, Georgia or wherever else being the best. While they are all good, my favorite peaches come from Colorado – a delicious reward after patiently waiting for them all summer. I have two favorite ways to enjoy Colorado peaches (other than plain, of course). They are great with my morning plain Greek yogurt. My other favorite way to enjoy peaches is this recipe for Vanilla Bean Roasted Peaches.
I was never much of a fruit dessert person. I have always loved fruit. I have always loved dessert. But I loved for my fruit and dessert to be separate. That is until I tried these Vanilla Bean Roasted Peaches.
The warm peaches, roasted in a buttery vanilla bean sauce, are then topped with raspberries and vanilla ice cream, which gets to the point of being perfectly soft and a little melty…yum! And I love the vanilla bean flecks against the flesh of the peaches.
The preparation is simple, and the result is phenomenal. These peaches are simply dreamy and have converted me to an equal opportunity dessert lover.
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted (I use light butter)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, halved lengthwise and scraped*
- 4 firm peaches, halved and pitted
- vanilla bean ice cream, for serving
- fresh raspberries, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large shallow baking dish, combine butter, lemon juice, sugar and vanilla bean (seeds and pod). Add peaches and turn to coat with butter mixture. Arrange peaches cut side down in a single layer.
- Roast peaches until tender and cooking liquid is syrupy, 20-25 minutes. Brush with cooking liquid halfway.
- Serve peaches with a scoop of ice cream and raspberries and drizzle with cooking liquid.
Vanilla Bean Roasted Peaches are a perfect dessert to celebrate the end of summer at your Labor Day festivities. This dessert pairs beautifully with Gallo’s Sweet White Blend, which is light a fruity. Another favorite wine for Labor Day is the Café Zinfandel, which is a great picnic wine!
For our Labor Day celebration with Gallo Family Vineyards, the Sunday Supper tastemakers are featuring a wide array of savory recipes and sweet recipes, plus tips for making your Labor Day festivities a success. Definitely something for everyone this week. Be sure to check them all out and enjoy!
For your Labor Day feast:
- Arugula Fig and Goat Cheese Salad by Family Foodie
- Caprese Fruit Salad by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta Salad by The Crumby Cupcake
- Five Fruity Wine Spritzers by Sunday Supper Movement
- Grilled Flank Steak Pinwheels by Palatable Pastime
- Grilled Shrimp Burgers with Quick Remoulade Sauce by The Weekend Gourmet
- Hatch Chile Avocado Cream Dip by Magnolia Days
- Harissa Spiced Chicken Kabobs by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Mango Habanero Shrimp Flatbread by Flavor Mosaic
- Peach Barbecue Chicken Wings by Life Tastes Good
- Salmon Bagel Sliders with Strawberry Jalapeno Cream Cheese and Basil Aioli by Food Done Light
- Sunny Side Up Frittata with Ham by Recipe For Perfection
- Tuscan Panzanella Salad by Shockingly Delicious
To sweeten the holiday:
- Blackberry Buckle by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Chocolate Strawberry Cream Puff Bites by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Hasty Chocolate Pudding by Nosh My Way
- Raspberry Lamingtons by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Raspberry Upside Down Cake by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Summer Fruit Tart by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Tropical Angel Food Cake by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Vanilla Bean Roasted Peaches by Alida’s Kitchen
For more Labor Day entertaining ideas, visit the Gallo Family Vineyard blog.
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Use this Where To Buy Tool to find where to buy Gallo Family Vineyards near you!
Compensation was provided by Gallo Family Vineyards via Sunday Supper, LLC. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author, and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Gallo Family Vineyards.