Potato Chip Fudge is an easy recipe that combines salty, crunchy potato chips with semi-sweet chocolate into a fudge that tastes like chocolate covered potato chips! Thanks to Cape Cod® Potato Chips for sponsoring this post.
This Potato Chip Fudge is such a fun recipe. It is easy to make with just a few simple ingredients and puts a fun spin on the salty-sweet dessert craze that is so wildly popular. While chocolate and potato chips might sound like an unusual combination, there was a time when peanut butter and chocolate raised an eyebrow. Chocolate and bacon are all the rage these days. What about chocolate covered potato chips turned into fudge? It exceeded all of my expectations. Potato Chip Fudge is little crunchy, a lot chocolaty, salty, sweet and delicious!
For this recipe, I used Cape Cod Potato Chips, Waffle Cut with Sea Salt variety. These waffle cut chips are thick and sturdy, which end up crushing into perfect chunky potato chip pieces for this fudge. (They are also great for dipping or simply snacking right out of the bag…I know from lots of taste testing!)
Potato Chip Fudge takes minutes to make. Simply melt the fudge mixture on the stove top and then stir in the crushed potato chips. The melted chocolate fudge oozes into the nooks and crannies of the waffle cut chips and then chills to salty-sweet perfection.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2½ cups crushed potato chips, divided
- Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper, leaving 2 inches on either side.
- In a sauce pan over medium low heat, put butter, chocolate chips, condensed milk and vanilla. Continue cooking until chocolate chips are melted, stirring frequently (about 8 to 10 minutes).
- Remove from heat and stir in 2 cups potato chips.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking dish, smoothing out the top. Sprinkle the top with remaining potato chips (note: it helps to gently press the potato chip topping into the fudge mixture into the mixture to help them stick).
- Refrigerate for 2 hours to overnight (covered). Remove from refrigerator and cut into squares.
Whenever I go to a local sub shop for lunch, I always get Cape Cod’s Sea Salt and Vinegar Potato Chips – it is my favorite part of lunch! The hearty crunch, distinctive flavor, no preservatives and simple high-quality ingredients, they are just so good. For more product information, visit Cape Cod’s website.
Ridiculously Good Bags of Cash…for $5,000!
When you open a bag of Cape Cod Potato Chips this summer, you may end up winning $5,000! Or you may end up with a handful of tasty chips. Either way, it’s a win-win! But I’m guessing you want to hear more about the chance to win $5,000! Until September 30, 2015, there may be a winning game piece hidden inside that bag of tasty Cape Cod Potato Chips (Original, Reduced Fat, and Sea Salt Waffle Cut Chips varieties). To learn more about the Ridiculously Good Bags of Cash Promotion rules and prize details, visit here.
Try Cape Cod® Potato Chips, now available from your local grocer.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Cape Cod® Potato Chips.