Fire up that grill for this southwestern twist on an American classic! Taco Burgers are everything delicious about tacos made into an easy to make (and eat) burger topped with your favorite taco fixings!
We love tacos so much that we eat them (in some form) at least once a week. From Taco Pasta Salad to Lighter Beef Tacos, taco anything is something the entire family enjoys. However now that Minnesota weather is filled with sunshine and warm temperatures, it is time to fire up the grill by making this classic favorite into Taco Burgers!
Taco Burgers combine all things delicious about tacos into a tasty burger. Start with good quality ground beef. I was excited to find that the Certified Angus Beef® brand is carried at my local grocery store. (I used this handy where to buy tool on the Certified Angus Beef® brand website) Next mix in onion, garlic, taco seasoning, and for extra flavor, sometimes I add crushed tortilla chips. Form into patties, grab a glass of wine, and head to the grill.
Toppings are typically taco-inspired, like guacamole and cheese. Of course my son loves his Taco Burgers topped with ketchup, so anything goes. With a delicious combination of taco flavors into a classic hamburger, Taco Burgers are so much fun to make for summer grilling…or any time!
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning
- ½ cup crushed tortilla chips
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 hamburger buns
- In a large bowl, combine taco seasoning, chips, cheese and beef, gently mixing until combined.
- Form into 4 patties.
- Grill over medium heat until cooked through (about 5 to 8 minutes per side).
- Put patties on buns. Serve with taco-inspired toppings, such as salsa, cheese, guacamole, etc.
Today’s theme for Sunday Supper is Summer Grilling. We are sharing our favorite summertime grilling recipes featuring Certified Angus Beef®.
When I was searching for where to buy the Certified Angus Beef® brand, not only did I find out where to buy it at grocery stores, but I discovered which local restaurants serve Certified Angus Beef®. One of my favorite restaurants is on that list. Coincidentally this restaurant makes the best burger I have ever eaten in my life. Juicy beef cooked to perfection is topped with smoked cheddar, onions, and other basic fixings. It sounds simple, but it is truly outstanding. I never realized what made these burgers so special, but it makes sense now. Quality ingredients make a big difference, and the Certified Angus Beef® brand is the best Angus beef available.
The Certified Angus Beef® brand is more selective than USDA Choice and Prime. Each cut must meet 10 exacting standard for quality. The secret to the Certified Angus Beef® brand’s outstanding flavor is in the marbling – the little white flecks of flavor within the meat that ensure every bite is flavorful and juicy.
Be sure to check out the delicious recipes featuring Certified Angus Beef® by the Sunday Supper bloggers below, then fire up that grill and enjoy!
- Grilled Sirloin Steak with Corn Tomato and Avocado Appetizer by Family Foodie
- Grilled Steak Crostini with Blue Cheese and Caramelized Onions by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Nicaraguan Style Steak Skewers with Chimichurri by Curious Cuisiniere
Marvelous Main Dishes:
- Bacon Wrapped Balsamic Marinated Sirloin Filet by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Balsamic Burgers by Life Tastes Good
- Beef Kabobs by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Bourbon Caramelized Onion and Blue Burgers by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Brisket Grinder with Smoked Peppers and Caramelized Onions by Whole Food | Real Families
- Caprese Grilled Filet Mignon by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Chile-Rubbed Strip Steaks with Chunky Tomato-Avocado Salsa by The Weekend Gourmet
- Cocoa & Coffee Rubbed Beef Kabobs with Roasted Corn Salad by I’m Not the Nanny
- Deliciously Drunken Marinated Steak by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Garlic Ginger Soy Grilled Angus Beef Steak by Shockingly Delicious
- Grilled Bacon & Onion Ribeye Steak Sliders with Beer Cheese by Daily Dish Recipes
- Grilled Ribeye Steaks with Roasted Jalapeno Chimichurri by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Grilled Vegetable Steak Salad by Magnolia Days
- Grilled Tenderloin with Garlic Herb Butter by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Sirloin Caesar Salad by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Steak & Quinoa Protein Bowl by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Taco Burgers by Alida’s Kitchen
- 5 Summer Grilling Tips for Fruit by Sunday Supper Movement
For delicious grilling recipe featuring the Certified Angus Beef® brand, follow Sunday Supper’s Summer Grilling Board on Pinterest!
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
This post is sponsored by Certified Angus Beef in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.