Balsamic Blueberry Salad combines peppery arugula, tangy feta cheese, sweet blueberries and other fresh vegetables, tossed with a light balsamic vinaigrette. Perfect for a simple summer meal, potlucks or any time!
We picked up 10 pounds of blueberries during our most recent visit to the farmer’s market and have been enjoying delicious blueberries by the fistful. While I have been busy making pancakes, baking cakes and other goodies, we have also been enjoying this Balsamic Blueberry Salad recipe. It is a fresh, flavorful summertime favorite that everyone loves.
Made with fresh spinach, arugula, cucumber, green onions and blueberries, this Balsamic Blueberry Salad delivers a delicious array of fresh produce. The blueberries are sweet and juicy, along with the peppery arugula and tangy feta cheese and balsamic vinaigrette, it’s a combination that just works…beautifully!
The recipe written below yields approximately four servings, and can easily be doubled or tripled to feed a crowd. Whenever we bring this salad to parties, it is the first thing to disappear (even before desserts!)
While this Blueberry Balsamic Salad is excellent served as a starter or side, it can be transformed into a delicious entrée salad topped with grilled chicken. This Herbed Grilled Balsamic Chicken is the perfect topper for this salad. The chicken is so flavorful and complementary to the salad.
- 4 ounces baby spinach
- 4 ounces arugula
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup cucumber, sliced
- 1 bunch scallions, sliced
- ½ cup fat free crumbled feta cheese
- Fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Balsamic vinagrette (if using chicken, this is optional)
- In a large bowl, toss spinach and arugula to blend greens.
- Add blueberries, cucumber and scallions – toss to combine.
- Top with feta cheese.
- [If using chicken, skip to step 5] Toss with balsamic vinaigrette and serve.
- Divide among 4 bowls and top with sliced grilled chicken. Serve.
The theme for Sunday Supper this week is Backyard BBQs and Potlucks featuring our favorite summertime recipes and pairing them with Gallo Family Vineyards wines. Two of my favorite wine varietals for summer parties and potlucks are Pinot Noir and Riesling. Both pair very well with Balsamic Blueberry Salad. You can really never go wrong with serving Pinot Noir at any occasion. It goes especially well with grilled meats and chicken, and is a great complement to the peppery arugula and tangy feta cheese in this salad. Gallo’s Riesling is my favorite white wine for any occasion. It is so light and refreshing and it tastes like summer!
Be sure to visit the delicious recipes and wine pairings from the other Sunday Supper bloggers below and enjoy!
- Buffalo Bread by Feed Me, Seymour
- Cilantro Lime Chicken Wings by Casa de Crews
- Creamy Asparagus Puffs by Brunch with Joy
- Bibimbap Bar by kimchi MOM
- Chicken Satay by Curious Cuisiniere
- Citrus Grilled Chicken Under a Brick by Nosh My Way
- Garlicky Sirloin Steak For A Crowd by Family Foodie
- Grilled Chicken Salad Sandwiches by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Grilled Mediterranean Salmon Burgers with Tzatziki by Simply Healthy Family
- Spicy Shrimp Lettuce Wraps by Take A Bite Out of Boca
Sides and Salads:
- Bacon Strawberry and Farro Salad by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Balsamic Blueberry Salad by Alida’s Kitchen
- Caprese Pasta Salad by One Sweet Mess
- Grilled Rainbow Potato Salad by Shockingly Delicious
- Spicy Watermelon Salad by Ruffles & Truffles
- Tortellini Salad by Magnolia Days
- Coconut Shortcakes with Grilled Pineapple by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Frozen Root Beer Float Pie by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Grilled Peaches with Brioche by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- S’more Cookie Cups by Desserts Required
BBQ Helpful Info:
- 5 Tips for Using BBQ Sauce by Sunday Supper Movement
For more delicious ideas for Backyard BBQs and Potlucks, visit the Gallo Family Vineyard blog.
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Use this Where To Buy Tool to find where to buy Gallo Family Vineyards near you!
Compensation was provided by Gallo Family Vineyards via Sunday Supper, LLC. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author, and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Gallo Family Vineyards.