Sugar Cookie Fruit Tarts are an elegant yet simplified version of a fruit tart made with a sugar cookie base. Perfect for Mother’s Day, to celebrate National Moscato Day or any time!
Sugar Cookie Fruit Tarts are an easier version of a classic favorite dessert –fruit tarts. In lieu of a traditional pastry shell, a sugar cookie (or cookie cup) forms the base of the Sugar Cookie Fruit Tart. Spread on top of the sugar cookie is a sweetened cream cheese mixture. Then simply decorate with your favorite fruits. Sugar Cookie Fruit Tarts are so easy and so delicious!
For this recipe I used my favorite Chewy Sugar Cookie recipe (this lemon version would also be tasty!). However, to make this dessert even easier, you can easily use already-made sugar cookies from a bakery or grocery store. For the cream cheese mixture, I combine powdered sugar and milk (or to make it fancier, wine can be used) until the desired consistency is achieved. For the fruit, I like to choose a variety of colors, such as blueberries, raspberries, kiwi or whatever else is in season. Depending on the ripeness of the fruit used, some melted jelly or jam can be brushed over fruit to enhance the flavors. There is a lot of flexibility with the recipe to customize it to your preferences.
Sugar Cookie Fruit Tarts are simple, beautiful and elegant…much like the wines we are honoring today, and perfect for any special celebration or occasion!
- 2 ounces cream cheese (I used ⅓ less fat)
- ½ tablespoon milk (or wine)
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- 12 sugar cookies
- assorted fruit
- jelly or jam, melted (optional)
- Put cream cheese and milk (or wine) in a small bowl and beat to combine. Add sugar ½ cup at a time, beating in between each addition and beat well after final addition. (Note: if consistency is too runny, beat in more sugar; if consistency is too stiff, beat in more milk).
- Spread cream cheese mixture over each sugar cookie. Decorate with fruit, as desired. (Optional - brush melted jelly over fruit). Refrigerate 15 minutes to set.
National Moscato Day coming up on May 9th, and Sunday Supper is joining Gallo Family Vineyards to celebrate the delicious wine that everyone is talking about ~ Moscato! Gallo has three types of Moscato: White, Pink and Red. Each is fruity and refreshing, pairing well with a variety of dishes, from spicy to desserts, and each pairs beautiful with these Sugar Cookie Fruit Tarts.
For last year’s National Moscato Day celebration, I made these fun Mixed Berry Moscato Gelees.
For more delicious recipes, cocktails and pairings featuring Gallo’s Moscato wines, visit the other Sunday Supper bloggers below…and enjoy!
- Mixed Berry Moscato Smoothie by Casa de Crews
- Moscato Pink Lemonade by Life Tastes Good
- Sparkling Strawberry Grapefruit Moscato Punch by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Summer Berry Sangria by One Sweet Mess
- Moscato Marinated Grapes by Nosh My Way
- Spicy Hummus with Jalapeno Cilantro Salsa by Recipe for Perfection
- Chorizo Carbonara by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Duck with Moscato Peach Sauce by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Grilled Blackened Shrimp Lettuce Wraps with Moscato Fruit Salsa by Simply Healthy Family
- Halibut en Papillote with Moscato-Onion Jam by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Honey Walnut and Blue Cheese Shrimp with Sweet Potato Noodles by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Lemon Leek Moscato Chicken by Shockingly Delicious
- Pineapple Avocado Spinach Salad by Family Foodie
- Berry Peach Citrus Crisp by Desserts Required
- Donauwelle Kuchen (Danube Wave Cake) by Magnolia Days
- Moscato Mixed Berry Pie by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Moscato Pudding Parfaits by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Moscato White Chocolate Sabayon with Raspberries by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Strawberry Basil Upside Down Cake by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Sugar Cookie Fruit Tarts by Alida’s Kitchen
Celebrating Moscato Day on the Sunday Supper Movement Website
For more information about Moscato Day, visit the Gallo Family Vineyard blog.
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Use this Where To Buy Tool to find where to buy Gallo Family Vineyards near you!
Compensation was provided by Gallo Family Vineyards via Sunday Supper, LLC. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author, and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Gallo Family Vineyards.