This easy recipe for Lemon Buttermilk Bundt Cake makes a delicious lemony cake that can be enjoyed for breakfast or served with ice cream for a light dessert.
The theme for Sunday Supper this week is Hometown Foods, hosted by Coleen of The Redhead Baker. As I was coming up with my hometown recipe, I had visions of recipes for Juicy Lucys, wild rice or a healthier tater tot casserole dancing in my head. But as I was doing this recipe during my morning commute, I drove past a large sign that inspired me…
Minnesota is where Bundt cake pans originated! Clearly this was a sign (a good one, I might add! oh, and pardon the pun ). So while those other tasty Minnesota grown recipes may appear on the blog in some form in the future, I had to represent by making a Bundt cake for my hometown recipe.
This Lemon Buttermilk Bundt Cake is moist, full of lemon-y goodness and very easy to make. The shape of a Bundt cake is so pretty, that very little decorating is required. Before serving, I dusted the top with a little powdered sugar, and the simplicity was perfect. This cake can be enjoyed as a delicious breakfast coffee cake or served with a scoop of ice cream for a light dessert. To take it up a notch, sometimes I drizzle a simple lemon-buttermilk glaze over the top of the cake. As beautiful as it is delicious, this Lemon Buttermilk Bundt Cake is sure to please!
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons lemon zest
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- ½ cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Spray a 10-inch Bundt pan with baking spray and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine lemon juice and zest.
- In a medium bowl, whisk to combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- In the large bowl, add lemon mixture, sugar, oil and vanilla. Using an electric mixer, beat until well-blended. Add 1 egg at a time, beating after each addition.
- Alternating, gradually add flour mixture and buttermilk, beating after each addition.
- Pour into prepared Bundt pan. Bake for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes before inverting to a wire rack to cool completely.
Be sure to visit the rest of the Hometown Recipes from the Sunday Supper bloggers this week!
- Alamo City Breakfast Tacos by The Weekend Gourmet
- Gluten Free Cinnamon Raisin Bagels by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Mickey Mouse Waffles by Wallflour Girl
- New York Style Bagels by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Peanut Butter and Fluff French Toast by Momma’s Meals
- Candied Kumquat Peels, Kumquat Syrup, and Kumquat-Ade by Recipe for Perfection
- Wine Pairing Recommendations for Hometown Food by ENOFYLZ Wine Blog
Appetizers and Snacks
- Baked Buffalo Chicken Wings by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Cuban Sandwich Crostini by Casa de Crews
- Cuban Sandwich Dip by Family Foodie
- South Jersey Boardwalk Popcorn by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Chicken and Dumplings by Food Lust People Love
- Crockpot Cincinnati Chili by Palatable Pastime
- Fried Rice Vermicelli with Vegetable Fritters by Brunch with Joy
- Honey Cola Baked Ham by Magnolia Days
- Hot Brown Ham Sliders by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Joe’s Special by Nosh My Way
- Lentil, Cauliflower and Sweet Potato Curry by Mess Makes Food
- New England Beans and Cod by Cooking Chat
- Oven Toasted Ravioli by Curious Cuisiniere
- Philadelphia Tomato Pie by The Redhead Baker
- Pierogies by Hezzi D’s Books and Cooks
- Portobello “Philly Cheese Steak” by PancakeWarriors
- Pozole Rojo by Simply Healthy Family
- Revved-up Poutine by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Rice with Pork and Pineapple by Basic N Delicious
- San Francisco Cioppino by Eat, Drink and be Tracy
- Seattle-Style Dungeness Crab Roll by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Tex-Mex Cheese Enchiladas with Chile con Carne by The Texan New Yorker
- The Pittsburgh Devonshire Sandwich by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Upper Peninsula Pasties by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Victory Pig Sicilian Style Pizza by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Xiang La Tu Zi // Hot & Spicy Rabbit by Curried Canteloupe
- 1905 Salad by Supper for a Steal
- Chicken Rice Pilaf by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Classic Italian Risotto in Bianco by La Bella Vita Cucina
- Greek Salad with Potato Salad by Ruffles & Truffles
- Korean Steamed Eggs by Hip Foodie Mom
- Smoke House Cheesy Garlic Bread by Peaceful Cooking
- Apple Crisp by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Buckeye Cupcakes by Desserts Required
- Carob Bumpy Cake by Pies and Plots
- Chocolate Earthquake Cake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chocolate Pocky Cake by NinjaBaker
- Grandma Sweeney’s Chocolate Cream Pie by Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Lemon Buttermilk Bundt Cake by Alida’s Kitchen
- Memories of Mom; Michigan Apple Cake by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Mile High Strawberry Pie by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Pear Parkin by Happy Baking Days
- Vegan Timbits by Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Vernors Cake by Country Girl in the Village
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.