Cheese Stuffed Monkey Bread is pizza dough wrapped around a cube of cheese, brushed with garlic butter and baked in a Bundt pan. Fun to serve to a crowd and perfect to enjoy with your favorite soup!
Cheese Stuffed Monkey Bread is small pieces of pizza dough wrapped around a cube of cheese and brushed with melted garlic butter. In other words, made from some of the tastiest foods ever! It is not overly dough-y or overly cheesy, but a nice balance of the two. And the garlic butter really makes it special. The result is a cheese filled garlic mini pizza bread that is made for dipping. Pizza sauce seemed like an obvious dipper, until I realized this Cheese Stuffed Monkey Bread is quite similar to mini grilled cheese. What goes best with grilled cheese, but soup of course!
When cold weather hits, nothing beats a bowl of comforting, warm soup and cheesy bread. We recently discovered DOLE Garden Soup, which is a new premium line of ready-to-serve soups inspired by garden-fresh flavors made with delicious ingredients like sun-ripened tomatoes, sweet corn and roasted poblano pepper. They come in five varieties, including Roasted Garlic Tomato Basil, Tomato Vegetable, Carrot Ginger, Southwestern Black Bean & Corn and Sweet Corn. Each pairs beautifully with the Cheese Stuffed Monkey Bread by modifying the cheeses and/or herbs, as desired (for example, a pepperjack or habanero cheddar with Southwestern Black Bean & Corn is fantastic!).
At a time of year when sweet chocolaty indulgences are everywhere (not complaining!) a healthy bowl of soup is just what we need. And DOLE Garden Soup paired with Cheese Stuffed Monkey Bread is perfection!
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian herbs (or your favorite herb)
- 2 pounds pizza dough
- 6 to 8 ounces cheese cut into 48 cubes
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Spray Bundt pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a small saute pan, melt butter. Add garlic and cook until fragrant. Stir in herbs. Keep warm.
- Divide dough into 48 sections (a cooking scale is really handy for this!). Pat each section of dough into a small circle and place a cheese cube in the center. Wrap the dough around the cheese cube, pinching at any seams, to form a ball. Brush the ball with garlic butter and place in prepared baking pan. Repeat with remaining dough, cheese and garlic butter.
- Cover pan with a clean kitchen towel and let sit for 30 minutes. Place in preheated oven and bake for 25 to 35 minutes, or until dough is golden brown. Remove from oven to a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes and then invert on to serving platter. Serve immediately!
Adapted from Confections of a Foodie Bride
The full line of DOLE Garden Soup is non-GMO, vegetarian and gluten free, low fat and a good source of fiber. We enjoyed the freshness and smooth texture of the soups. Each flavor was delicious, but the Roasted Garlic Tomato Basil was the biggest hit with our entire family! In fact, Greta dunked her Cheese Stuffed Monkey Bread, chicken, pasta and more in the soup and kept asking for more soup!
DOLE Garden Soup comes in an easy-to-use resealable container, so any leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator. It can be heated up on its own, personalized with simple toppings or pairings or can be used as an ingredients in dozens of delicious recipes that are easy to make. Some inspiration:
- Enchiladas with Southwestern Black Bean Sauce
- Tomato Vegetable Chicken Cacciatore
- Carrot Ginger & Basil Popsicles
- Sauteed Shrimp with Roasted Garlic Tomato Basil
- Sweet Corn Fritters