We are already starting to think of holiday eats and treats (and gifts, if you talk to Adam). And of course the holiday season is not complete without delicious desserts. As much as I love to bake, after busy days of being mommy taxi, taking care of the kids, exercising and working, I find myself with little extra time (and energy) to devote to making our favorite desserts. That is where quick and easy desserts, like this Heavenly Chocolate Cake, come to the rescue. With just a few simple ingredients, this delicious cake can be made in minutes!
Recipes like this Heavenly Chocolate Cake are why I always keep a box cake mix in my pantry. While making a cake according to the package instructions certainly results in a tasty cake, this recipe transforms your everyday chocolate cake into something special with a secret ingredient! By using MIRACLE WHIP Dressing instead of butter or oil, an ordinary chocolate cake is kicked up a notch into something…heavenly.
I would have never in a million years thought to add MIRACLE WHIP Dressing to a chocolate cake, but the result is a chocolate cake with a tangy sweetness that is unique and delicious.
- 1 package (2-layer size) cake mix (not pudding in the mix variety)
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder, divided
- 3 eggs
- 1⅓ cups water
- 1 cup MIRACLE WHIP Dressing
- 4 ounces (1/2 of 8-ounce package) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2½ cups sifted powdered sugar
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Spray a 13x9-inch baking pan with baking spray and set aside.
- COMBINE cake mix and ½ cup cocoa powder in a large bowl. Add eggs, water and MIRACLE WHIP Dressing and beat with mixer until well blended. Pour into prepared pan.
- BAKE for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- BEAT cream cheese, milk, and vanilla with mixer until well blended. Combine powdered sugar and remaining ¼ cup cocoa and gradually add to mixture, beating well after each addition. Spread over cake.
As I have learned over the past few months using MIRACLE WHIP in various recipes, such as Creamy Spinach and Artichoke Dip, Cabbage and Pineapple Slaw Burgers, Kale and Apple Potato Salad and Spicy Deviled Eggs, that one-of-a-kind bold, tangy flavor takes even the simplest recipes to the next level of awesome!
To add something different to your holiday bashes (and make your time in the kitchen a little easier) try one of these uniquely delicious recipes featuring MIRACLE WHIP Dressing:
- Heavenly Chocolate Cake – http://bit.ly/1q8TOVD
- Curry-Roasted Cauliflower – http://bit.ly/1qfUvGQ
- Curried Chicken Appetizer Bites – http://bit.ly/1rTUf7I
- Easy Banana Bread – http://bit.ly/1p1JsS4
- Creamy Homemade Mac N Cheese with Bacon – http://bit.ly/1tnHD4M
- Mediterranean Pizza – http://bit.ly/1qyaR2J
- Bacon Cheddar Onion Dip – http://bit.ly/Zf0Dtv
- MIRACLE WHIP and Proud of It! For more ideas on holiday fare and menus that won’t go unnoticed, visit www.MiracleWhip.com. and keep in touch on Facebook and Twitter, and follow the hashtag #Proudofit