Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Brownies are an easy recipe for a fudgy brownie mixed with chocolate sandwich cookies topped with cheesecake and then more cookies!
I can’t believe Labor Day is just around the corner! While much of our menu is typically centered around the grill, I love to make special desserts to share. Last year I made S’mores Brownies. What could possibly top those? Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Brownies of course!
Who could resist a fudgy brownie mixed with crushed chocolate sandwich cookies throughout, then layered with a light cheesecake layer and then topped with more chopped cookies? That’s right: No one! Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Brownies are pretty much perfection in brownie form.
The base brownie recipe is a simple, fudgy brownie that is wonderful on its own. However once crushed chocolate sandwich cookies are added to the mix they are a combination of fudgy with a little crunchy texture. A simple cream cheese mixture gets spread over the top of the brownies and is then sprinkled with large chunks of chocolate sandwich cookies. If you’re feeding a crowd, I suggest doubling the recipe to a 13×9-inch pan. They will disappear quickly!
We enjoyed these brownies with a new wine from Gallo Family Vineyards – Riesling! I am so excited they added Riesling to their family, as it is one of my favorite varietals. Gallo’s Riesling is one of those universal pleasers that I love. It goes well with summer nights on the patio, most types of foods, and especially these Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Brownies!
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened (I used ⅓ less fat)
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 chocolate sandwich cookies, crushed
- 8 chocolate sandwich cookies, cut into quarters
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9-inch square baking pan with baking spray and set aside.
- Prepare Cheesecake Layer:In a small bowl add cream cheese, sugar, egg and vanilla. Beat on medium-high until smooth and combined. Set aside.
- Prepare Brownie Layer: In a small bowl, whisk flour and baking powder.
- In a large bowl, combine butter, sugars and cocoa powder. Beat in eggs and vanilla until combined.
- Fold in flour mixture and crushed cookies until combined. Pour into prepared baking dish. Spoon dollops of cream cheese mixture over brownie layer. Sprinkle with remaining coarsely chopped cookies.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Cut into squares.
The theme for Sunday Supper this week is Labor Day Entertaining. We are partnering with Gallo Family Vineyards, sharing recipes featuring the Sweet Red or the new Riesling wines as part of the recipe or as a pairing. These were both new-to-me wines, and I really enjoyed them both. The Sweet Red was delightful with dessert, and also was delicious with Grilled BBQ Chicken. Enjoy visiting the rest of the wonderful recipes from the Sunday Supper group listed below!
Labor Day Beverages:
- German Strawberry Wine Punch (Erdbeerbowle) by Magnolia Days
- Ginger Plum Sangria by Jelly Toast
- Lemon Lime Wine Sparkle by Basic N Delicious
- Watermelon Wine Cooler with Lime by The Wimpy Vegetarian
Labor Day Savory Bites:
- Breakfast Sausages with Apples & Riesling by Webicurean
- Buffalo Ranch Pasta Salad by Foxes Love Lemons
- Clams in White Wine Sauce with Goat Cheese Crostini by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Deconstructed Egg Rolls by Ruffles & Truffles
- Peach Mango Grilled Chicken over Quinoa by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Sausage Mushroom and Bacon Pasta by Family Foodie
- Whipped Feta & Grilled Peach Salad with Blueberry Balsamic Vinaigrette by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
Labor Day Desserts:
- Brown Butter Grilled Peach Cupcakes with Riesling Frosting by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Mango Riesling Coulis by Run DMT
- Orange Creamsicle Cheesecake by Desserts Required
- Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Brownies by Alida’s Kitchen
- Peach Granita Sundaes by Melanie Makes
- Peach Riesling Buckle by girlichef
- Riesling Infused Peach and Blueberry Cobbler by In The Kitchen With KP
- Riesling Poached Peaches with Mascarpone Cream by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- White Wine Ice Cream by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
Also be sure to visit the Gallo Family Vineyards blog for even more tasty Labor Day Recipes!
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Compensation was provided by Gallo Family Vineyards via Sunday Supper, LLC. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author, and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Gallo Family Vineyards.