Pizza Frittata is everything delicious about pizza with a protein-packed, egg-based crust. Made in minutes, this fun twist on pizza is perfect for a quick dinner, last minute meal or any time you want a healthy pizza fix!
When life gets busy, we always default to frozen pizza for dinner. It is easy to have on hand, and what can I say, we love pizza! While frozen pizza can be a simple dinner solution, sometimes I just want the taste of pizza but would rather have something healthier and with more protein. Enter Pizza Frittata.
Like frozen pizza, the ingredients for Pizza Frittata are easy to have on hand. A combination of eggs and cheese are cooked to form a crust and then topped with sauce, more cheese and toppings. A Pizza Frittata is perfect for using up any veggies in your refrigerator or even to enjoy pizza for breakfast! It cooks up quickly, making a Pizza Frittata a perfect healthy dinner solution for busy families.
- Cooking spray
- 3 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1½ cups thinly sliced red onion
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup pasta sauce
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups favorite pizza toppings (such as sauteed mushrooms, broccoli, etc)
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray a nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, egg whites, onion, garlic and Parmesan cheese. Pour into pre-heated nonstick skillet and cook until starts to set and gets firm in the middle (about 5 to 7 minutes).
- Pour pasta sauce over eggs and spread within one inch of the sides. Sprinkle with desired toppings and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and eggs are cooked thoroughly.
As part of the #ChooseDreams initiative from American Family Insurance #WeekdaySupper is bringing you recipes with the theme Family Healthy Fit Lifestyle. There are recipes for performance, healthy recipe for families on the go and healthy on a budget. For more recipes fit for your active family, check out this week’s Weekday Supper menu below and enjoy!
Monday – Grilled Veggie Sandwiches by Jelly Toast
Tuesday – Tequila-Lime Chicken Chopped Salad by The Messy Baker
Wednesday – Chicken and Kale Quinoa Bowl by Runner’s Tales
Thursday – Chicken and Potato Empanadas by Run DMT
Friday – Pizza Frittata by Alida’s Kitchen
This post is sponsored by American Family Insurance. All opinions are my own.