Healthy Coconut Banana Cookies are chewy, fruit-filled cookies made without any added sugar or butter. They are vegan, nut free and can be gluten free.
This recipe for Healthy Coconut Banana Cookies recipe is inspired by one of my favorite healthy cookie recipes – Healthy Banana Cookies. These cookies are naturally sweetened with dates and bananas, which is always a delicious combination. I decided to give that recipe a coconut twist by using coconut oil and adding some coconut. Coconut was such a tasty addition that goes so well with the banana.
Healthy Coconut Banana Cookies are economical, great for on-the-go and can be mixed together in minutes using simple ingredients such as oats, fruit, coconut oil and some flavorings. The result is a healthy, delicious cookie that is perfect for a power snack, a healthy dessert or an easy breakfast. These cookies pack well to be enjoyed at the zoo, at a park, on the way to school or work – any time is a good time to enjoy Healthy Coconut Banana Cookies!
- 3 overripe bananas
- 2 cups oats (old fashioned or quick work fine)
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 8 ounces pitted dates, chopped
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened flaked coconut, plus additional for topping
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mash bananas. Mix in oats, coconut oil, dates, coconut and vanilla and stir to combine. Let sit for 15 minutes.
- Scoop rounded tablespoonfuls of dough and place on cookie sheet, two-inches apart. (Note: cookies do not spread, so you may want to shape them with the back of the spoon). Bake for 20 minutes, or until cookies set and start to brown. Remove from oven and let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes. Move to a wire rack to cool completely.
Today Sunday Supper is proudly partnering with American Family Insurance again as part of their #ChooseDreams campaign. The theme is Family Healthy Fit Lifestyle. We are sharing ways to get the family outside together, recipes for performance, healthy recipes for families on the go and healthy on a budget. Visit the list below and treat your family to some of these tasty, healthy recipes by my favorite bloggers. Enjoy!
For these recipes and more, be sure to follow the Health and Fitness #ChooseDreams Pinterest Board
Get Up and Go Power Breakfasts
- Get Up and Go Mocha Breakfast Smoothie by The Foodie Army Wife
- Avocado Tomato and Feta Toast with Poached Eggs by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Peanut Butter Banana Oat Smoothie by The Messy Baker
Salads and Healthy Snacks
- Cherry Kale Panzanella by Jelly Toast
- Watermelon Salad with Blueberry Balsamic Dressing by Runner’s Tales
- Southwestern Chicken Salad by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Pantry Greek Yogurt Ranch Dip by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Energy Bars by Magnolia Days
Healthy Fit Lifestyle Dinners
- Grilled Fish Tacos with Summer Salsa by Foxes Love Lemons
- Blueberry Pork Chops by MealDiva
- Individual Grilled Veggie Pizzas by Curious Cuisiniere
- Almond Cashew Chicken by The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Quinoa Bowls with Grilled Vegetables and Corn Salsa by Ruffles & Truffles
- Chicken and Mushroom Stuffed Peppers by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Sesame Chicken and Vegetable Pasta by Momma’s Meals
- Spiced Yogurt Chicken Kabobs by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Chicken Spinach Quinoa and Brown Rice by Family Foodie
- Healthy Coconut Banana Cookies by Alida’s Kitchen
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie Popsicles by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Blueberry Quinoa Cobbler by Run DMT
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
This post is sponsored by the American Family Insurance. All opinions are my own.