Buffalo Aioli takes a basic aioli recipe and transforms it into something extraordinary…buffalo style! A bowl, a whisk, a few simple ingredients, and 5 minutes are all you need to make this easy recipe.
Aioli is one of those accompaniments that I always enjoy at restaurants. It puts an upscale twist on the simplest sandwiches, burgers, vegetables and has the ability to turn a simple plate of fries into frites! For whatever reason, it never occurred to me how easy aioli is to make at home. Then one night, we were making oven fries, and I wanted to do something to dress them up. I had an egg yolk leftover from another recipe, we are crazy for anything buffalo, and from there it was a natural progression to become Buffalo Aioli!
Buffalo Aioli is a simple, spicy dressing, dip or topping made using common ingredients found in your kitchen. Even better, it takes only 5 minutes to make! It starts with a basic aioli recipe – olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, flavorings and raw egg yolk. I used Davidson’s Safest Choice Eggs in this recipe. These eggs are pasteurized, which means I can use raw eggs in recipes without worrying about the risk of salmonella. (Note to self: must use in cookie dough!) The addition of buffalo sauce kicks the basic aioli recipe into high gear, giving it the buffalo-inspired taste that is so popular and tasty!
With grilling season upon us, this Buffalo Aioli is the perfect staple for all of our summer eats, from chicken to grilled vegetables to BLTs to fries to onion rings and more!
- 1 pasteurized egg yolk - Davidson's Safest Choice Eggs recommended
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon buffalo sauce (adjust to taste)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon paprika (adjust to taste)
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Put egg yolk, garlic, mustard, buffalo sauce, lemon juice and paprika in a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- Slowly pour in olive oil, whisking constantly until fully combined.
Bloggers! Do you have an original summer no-bake recipe made with Davidson’s Safest Choice Eggs? Be sure to check out the exciting recipe contest details on the Food and Wine Conference website for a chance to win a gift card, full conference pass to the Food and Wine Conference, a year supply of eggs, and more, all thanks to Davidson’s Safest Choice Eggs (a gold sponsor of the conference). Good luck!
This week Sunday Supper is turning off the oven to share N0-Bake Summer Recipes! We are featuring 20 savory or sweet recipes prepared without using the oven and featuring Davidson’s Safest Choice Eggs. Enjoy!
No-Bake Savory Recipes:
- Asparagus Egg Salad by Family Foodie
- Buffalo Aioli by Alida’s Kitchen
- Chicken Caesar Salad by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Deviled Egg Crostini by Hip Foodie Mom
- Grilled Pizza with Egg, Arugula, and Balsamic by Ruffles & Truffles
- Huevos Rancheros by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Korean Rolled Omelette (Gaeran Mari) by kimchi MOM
- Mom’s Potato Salad by Casa de Crews
- Pizza for Breakfast! Waffles by Foxes Love Lemons
- Shrimp Salad with Lemon Basil Dressing by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
No-Bake Sweet Recipes:
- Brownie Batter Truffles by Desserts Required
- Creamy Chocolate Blender Mousse by Shockingly Delicious
- Frozen Strawberry Lemonade Pie by Neighborfood
- “Funky Monkey” PB Ripple Chip Banana Ice Cream by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Lemon and Strawberry Parfaits by Magnolia Days
- No Bake Cheesecake by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Raspberry Lemon Meringue Waffles by Melanie Makes
- Raspberry Mousse by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Salted Caramel Pudding Cups by The Foodie Army Wife
- Strawberry Marshmallow S’mores by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy! You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
To find where to buy Davidson’s Safest Choice Eggs near you, click here for a store locator. For more information on Davidson’s Eggs, visit their website and keep in touch on: Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest