I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for #CollectiveBias and its advertiser.
Broccoli, Cheddar & Egg Hashbrowns Cups are shredded potatoes baked in a muffin tin and then filled with broccoli, cheddar cheese and eggs. These are a perfect addition to your Easter brunch menu!
I have been eagerly anticipating Easter for a while now – coming up with the perfect gifts for Easter baskets, planning an afternoon with the bunny and working on our Easter brunch menu. While I still have to get a couple more things for the baskets, our bunny play-date is next Saturday and the brunch menu is complete. We were missing two brunch essentials – hashbrowns and muffins. So to make our menu complete, I decided to combine the two by making muffin cups out of shredded potatoes, and then filling the cups with a cheesy, broccoli egg mixture. I headed to Walmart, picked up a bag of Ore-Ida Shredded Hash Brown Potatoes, and got straight to work! The result was a very simple to make Broccoli, Cheddar & Egg Hashbrowns Cups.
First, I made the hashbrowns cups: Generously spray the muffin tin with cooking spray. Then squeeze the moisture out of the thawed shredded potatoes, mix them with olive oil and then press them into the pan so they form a well. Bake until golden.
While the hashbrown cups are cooking, prepare the filling. In a nonstick pan, saute the onion and broccoli until softened. In a mixing bowl (or in a large liquid measuring cup) combine the eggs, egg whites and cheese.
Once the edges of the hashbrowns cups are golden, remove from oven and fill with the onion-broccoli mixture. Next, slowly pour the egg mixture over the vegetables. Sprinkle with additional cheese, if desired, and then bake until the eggs are set.
Remove from the oven and then run a sharp knife around the edges of the muffin cups to help them release. Gently remove from the pan. (This is where you will be very glad that you were very generous with the cooking spray!) Enjoy!
- Cooking spray
- 20 ounces Ore-Ida Shredded Hash Brown Potatoes, thawed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 cup broccoli florets, chopped
- 6 eggs
- 4 egg whites
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Liberally spray a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Squeeze moisture out of Shredded Hash Brown Potatoes and place in a large bowl. Combine with olive oil and salt and pepper, to taste. Divide mixture evenly into prepared muffin cups and then press mixture into the bottom and up the sides to form a well. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until edges start to turn golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a nonstick pan sprayed with cooking spray, saute onion for 5 to 7 minutes, or until softened. Add broccoli and cook until softened and warmed throughout. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl (or liquid measuring cup), whisk together eggs, egg whites and shredded cheese.
- Once hashbrowns cups are cooked, remove from oven. Divide broccoli mixture evenly among cups and then slowly pour the egg mixture into each cup. Return to oven and bake for 15 minutes, or until eggs are set. To remove from muffin tin, run a knife around the edges and then slowly ease them out of the tin (Note: some may stick)
I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for #CollectiveBias and its advertiser. #OreIdaHashbrown