Chocolate Malt Bread Pudding is studded with chopped Whoppers candies, chocolate chips, drizzled with chocolate syrup and drenched in a light custard. This fun dessert for two takes minutes to mix together and then bakes for about 30 minutes.
One of Mike’s favorite treats are Triple Chocolate Malted Cookies. He also loves Whoppers candies. Actually, he is pretty much crazy for anything chocolate malt, so I thought it would be fun to make a special dessert with this favorite in mind. I wanted to make a dessert for two, and Chocolate Malt Bread Pudding jumped to the top of the list…for obvious reasons.
Chocolate Malt Bread Pudding starts with bread cubes – I just used a leftover baguette. Then add some chopped Whoppers candies, chocolate chips and drizzle chocolate syrup over the top (yum!). Next whip together a light custard (I just toss these ingredients in my Magic Bullet), pour it over the top and bake! Chocolate Malt Bread Pudding could not be any easier to make, using simple ingredients that you can have on hand at all times. The result is a rich, decadent dessert for two that puts a fun twist on a malt shop favorite.
- 1 cup cubed bread (I used a leftover baguette)
- 1/4 cup malted milk balls, chopped
- 1/4 semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon chocolate syrup
- 1/2 cup milk (I used skim)
- 2 tablespoons light cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons malted milk powder
- Optional: whipped cream or vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Generously spray 2 8-ounce ramekins with cooking spray.
- Place bread cubes in prepared ramekins. Add chopped malted milk balls and chocolate chips, and then drizzle each with chocolate syrup.
- Put milk, cream cheese, egg and malted milk powder in a blender and process until smooth. Pour over bread cube mixture.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes. Serve with a dollop of whipped cream or vanilla ice cream, if desired.
With Valentine’s Day coming up, the Sunday Supper group had a fun idea for the theme this week. We are sharing recipes that would make a special Valentine’s meal for two. From appetizers to entrees to desserts and drinks, we have you covered for cooking a special meal for you and a special someone.
- Bacon-Wrapped Dates Stuffed with Ricotta from Casa de Crews
- Kumquat Vanilla Marmalade from Shockingly Delicious
- Southwestern Meatballs wrapped in Bacon from Momma’s Meals
- Almond-Crusted Sole with Mushroom Pilaf for Two from Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Bacon Crusted Beer Mac and Cheese from Melanie Makes
- Baked Crab Cakes with Lemongrass-Ginger Mayo from The Weekend Gourmet
- Baked Pasta with Sausage and Fontina from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Baked Tilapia En Papillote from It’s Yummi!
- Chicken and Mushroom Alfredo from Cookin’ Mimi
- Drunken Snow Crabs from Family Foodie
- Eggs in Purgatory from Noshing with the Nolands
- Flambéed Veal Chops from MealDiva
- Homemade Philly Cheesesteak Stromboli from In The Kitchen With KP
- Meyer Lemon Butter Sauce Prawns with Linguine from Food Lust People Love
- Pan Seared Scallops with Lemon-Basil Beurre Blanc, Pancetta, Apples and Fennel from Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Pan-Seared Scallops with Linguine and Tomato-Cream Sauce from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Roasted Vegetable Lasagna for Two from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Salmon Pakoras from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Swiss Fondue for Two from Curious Cuisiniere
- White Queso Mac and Cheese for Two from Daily Dish Recipes
Decadent Desserts and Drinks:
- Baked Custard from Magnolia Days
- Cherry Spritzer Ice Cream Float from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Chocolate Budino with Strawberry Hearts from Manu’s Menu
- Chocolate Malt Bread Pudding from Alida’s Kitchen
- Chocolate Marshmallow Duets from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chocolate Pots de Crème from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Fresh Berry Parfait with Crème Anglaise from Hip Foodie Mom
- Fudgy Dark Chocolate Brownies with Raspberry Sauce from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Funfetti Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle from Take a Bite Out of Boca
- German Rose Water Sugar Cookies For Two from Killer Bunnies, Inc.
- Gluten Free Chocolate Hazelnut Truffles from Gluten Free Crumbley
- Gluten-Free Deep Dish Hot Fudge Brownies for Two from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Ice Cream Stuffed Crepes with Nutella and Fresh Berries from Neighborfood
- Malawian Mbatata Cookies with Coconut Cream from Happy Baking Days
- Orange-scented Bread Pudding with Hard Sauce for Two from girlichef
- Pecan-Crusted Coconut Custards with Brandied Banana Sauce from The Texan New Yorker
- Pistachio Pudding For Two (From Scratch) from Chocolate Moosey
- 3 Japanese-Style Treats for Your Sweet from Ninja Baking
- Valentine’s Cupcakes with a Surprise from From the Bookshelf
- White Hot Chocolate from Pies and Plots
Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy! You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.