After making the Spinach Lasagna Cups recipe for last Sunday, I had another tasty idea pop into my head that I had to make right away – Buffalo Chicken Lasagna Cups. I don’t typically like to share similar recipes back-to-back, but these were so good, they simply could not wait.
Buffalo Chicken Lasagna Cups are made with layers of cheese, veggies, spicy, buffalo-sauce soaked shredded chicken and more cheese. In other words, they combine some of the most delicious game day foods (or any day foods, duh!) into a wonderful, bite-sized lasagna. The concept is the same as the Spinach Lasagna Cups, with lasagna-style layering, using wonton wrappers in place of noodles. They are quick and easy to make, and bake up in a snap!
This recipe is very flexible, so you can tailor it to suit your buffalo chicken preferences. I poached and shredded boneless, skinless chicken breast, but you can easily use a rotisserie chicken instead. Blue cheese can be mixed with the ricotta mixture, sprinkled on top before baking, or served on the side. I’m not a fan of blue cheese, so I omit it completely. The broccoli can be substituted with any veggies, such as celery, carrots, or whatever you like. Use pepper jack cheese instead of cheddar (or a combination of the two). Or simply make the recipe as-is and serve options on the side. No matter which way you make it, if you like buffalo chicken and you like lasagna, you will love Buffalo Chicken Lasagna Cups!
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
- ½ cup hot sauce (I used Frank's buffalo wing sauce)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 container (15 ounces) low fat ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup blue cheese (optional)
- 8 ounces steamed broccoli florets, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Cooking spray
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Poach chicken: Place chicken in medium pot, and add enough water to cover chicken. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce to a simmer; cook for 5 minutes. Remove pan from heat and let chicken stand, covered until cooked through (about 12 to 14 minutes). Remove chicken from liquid and shred with 2 forks.
- Make sauce: Whisk hot sauce, lemon juice, paprika, garlic powder and onion powder. Pour over warm, shredded chicken. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine ricotta cheese, broccoli, green onions, garlic and egg.
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray a standard 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Layer 1: Place a wonton wrapper in each prepared muffin cup, pressing gently to fit pan. Next put a generous tablespoonful of ricotta mixture on top of wonton wrapper. Cover the ricotta cheese with buffalo chicken mixture and then sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Layer 2: Gently press another wonton wrapper on top of the cheddar cheese. Repeat layering with ricotta mixture, sauce and mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle tops with crushed red pepper, if desired.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbling and wonton wrappers start to turn golden on the edges. Remove from oven and let site for 5 minutes. Serve warm!
The theme for Sunday Supper today is Super Eats for Game Day! Today is the day of a certain big football game, and there will be many more games after this too. Be sure to check out all of the delicious recipes that can be enjoyed on any game day!
Game Day Appetizers:
- Honey Mustard Pretzel Crunch from Shockingly Delicious
- Salt and Vinegar Wings from Casa de Crews
- Saucy Wings and Thighs from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Macaroni and Cheese Spring Rolls from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Steak Rolls from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Alpine Sliders from Manu’s Menu
- Hellfire Wings from Yours and Mine Are Ours
- Easy Nacho Bar from Momma’s Meals
- Jalapeno Popper Taquitos from Curious Cuisiniere
- Skinny Game Day Guacamole Potato Skins from Daily Dish Recipes
- Buffalo Chicken Lasagna Cups from Alida’s Kitchen
- Spinach-Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers from La Cocina de Leslie
- BBQ Veggie Mini Burgers from Happy Baking Days
- Spicy Roasted Corn Shrimp Dip from Food Lust People Love
- Honey-Sriracha Pigs in a Blanket from Hip Foodie Mom
- Beer Cheese Fondue from Melanie Makes
- Cheesy Artichoke and Garlic Bread from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Whole Wheat Pepperoni Pizza Bites from Meal Planning Magic
- Personal Chili Pots from MealDiva
- Italian Spring Rolls from Noshing with The Nolands
- Mexican Meatballs with Queso Blanco from Cooking on the Ranch
- Parmigiano Crisps from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Buffalo Chicken Potstickers from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Mediterranean Nachos from The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Chinese Barbecue Wings from girlichef
- Mini Veggie Quesadillas from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Roasted Tomato Hummus from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Cashew Baba Ghanoush : Roasted Eggplant Dip from Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip Potato Skins from Family Foodie
- Lemon Bay Pan Roasted Shrimp from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventure
- Honey Sesame Seed Crackers from Kudos Kitchen By Renee
Game Day Entrees:
- Super Sloppy Joes from The Foodie Army Wife
- Buffalo Chicken Chili from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Mini Meatball and Mozzarella Sandwiches from Cookin’ Mimi
- Super Bowl Bento from Ninja Baking
- Vegetarian “Chorizo” and Black Bean Chili from Foxes Love Lemons
- Twice Baked Chili Cheese Potatoes from Neighborfood
- Barbecue Chicken Sloppy Sandwiches from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Easy Vegetarian Chili from Delaware Girl Eats
- Game Day Chili from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Dr. Pepper Turkey Chili from The Texan New Yorker
Game Day Desserts:
- Heavenly Hash Cookies from The Foodie Patootie
- Cookie Dough Billionaire Bars from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chocolate Streusel Bars from Magnolia Days
- Coffee Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake Squares from Desserts Required
- Microwave Caramel Popcorn from Pies and Plots
- Mini Coconut Cups from Basic N Delicious
- Triple Chocolate S’mores Brownies from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Cracker Jack Candy from What Smells So Good?
We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat.
Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy! You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.