Baked Garlic Pretzel Chicken is a healthy baked chicken breast encrusted with a garlicky Parmesan pretzel coating. It takes minutes to prepare, bakes in about 20 minutes, and is a dish the whole family will enjoy!
One of our healthy meal staples is boneless, skinless chicken breast. It is a great source of protein that is low in fat and so versatile. While we have several healthy chicken recipes that we enjoy often, it is fun to come up with delicious new ideas for cooking with chicken. The inspiration for Baked Garlic Pretzel Chicken was actually from two of our favorite quick and easy recipes – Baked Garlic Parmesan Chicken and Lighter Pretzel Crusted Chicken.
I decided to experiment with favorite elements from each recipe. With garlic, cheese and pretzels, is there any way that this experiment could go wrong? I didn’t think so either! The garlicky Parmesan pretzel coating help keep the chicken moist, is SO flavorful and this dish comes together in less than 30 minutes. Baked Garlic Pretzel Chicken is perfect for a Weekday Supper, or any time you want a fancy yet easy meal that everyone will love!
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup pretzels, crushed
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- crushed red pepper to taste
- 2 4-5 ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- In a shallow bowl, combine oil,egg and garlic.
- In a separate bowl, combine pretzels, cheese, garlic powder, onion powder and basil. Add crushed red pepper to taste.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper as desired. Dip chicken in oil mixture and then in pretzel mixture. Place coated chicken on prepared baking sheet. Repeat. Top with any remaining pretzel mixture and lightly spray tops with cooking spray.
- Spray tops of chicken lightly with cooking spray. Bake for 15-18 minutes, until pretzel coating is browned and chicken is thoroughly cooked. Serve immediately.
Baked Garlic Pretzel Chicken is a delicious supper made in less than 30 minutes, so I thought it would be perfect to share for today’s Weekday Supper! Each week day, one blogger from the group shares a recipe for quick and easy meals easily found in a grocery store. The idea behind Weekday Supper is that Sunday Supper starts as just one day a week…and soon becomes a way of life. For more delicious Weekday Supper inspiration, be sure to check out the links below:
Monday: Roasted Broccoli and Cheese Quesadillas from Chocolate Moosey
Tuesday: One Pot Pasta from Momma’s Meals
Wednesday: Baked Garlic Pretzel Chicken from Alida’s Kitchen
Thursday: Pork in a Blackberry Barbecue Sauce from The Dinner-Mom
Friday: Chicken Teriyaki from Curious Cuisiniere