S’mores Snack Cake is a simple chocolate cake topped with graham crackers, chocolate chips and marshmallows. A super easy and tasty twist on a campfire favorite! Today we are celebrating two years of the Sunday Supper Movement by throwing a virtual birthday party! Everybody is sharing a favorite Sunday Supper moment and recipe. Honestly, each week that I participate becomes a new favorite – from the creative themes, to the wide variety of delicious recipes to the most important of all – each and every one of the amazing bloggers! The Sunday Supper group is smart, supportive, creative, fun and truly feels like a family. So I decided that my favorite Sunday Supper moment has to be the very first time I joined the virtual Sunday Supper family table – last September 1st (theme: Labor Day). The recipe I shared was S’mores Brownies.
Since we are celebrating a birthday of sorts today, naturally we need to have cake! S’mores Snack Cake seemed very fitting for this special celebration. Just like the S’mores Brownies, S’mores Snack Cake is super easy to make. You can use your favorite cake recipe or simply use a box mix – either a chocolate or yellow cake work well. Bake the cake as usual and then within the last 10 minutes, take it out, throw on the toppings and return the cake back to the oven to finish cooking. The marshmallows puff up and get browned and the chocolate melts. It’s delicious, takes like a s’more and is a little bit messy – just like anything s’more related should be!
Be sure to check out the links below to see what the rest of the Sunday Supper group made for today’s celebration!
- 1 box cake mix (chocolate or yellow) - or your favorite cake recipe
- eggs, oil, water, etc. per cake mix directions
- 3 graham cracker sheets, crushed
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 13x9-inch baking pan with baking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together cake mix according to package directions and pour into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes (or with 10 minutes left for the cake to bake).
- Remove cake from oven and sprinkle graham crackers crumbs, marshmallows and chocolate chips over the top of the cake. Return to oven to finish baking (about 10 minutes), until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy!
Brilliant Breads and Breakfast Fare:
- Brioche aux Pépites de Chocolat from Food Lust People Love
- Broccoli, Potato & Cheese Egg Cups from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Celebration Strawberry Crepes from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Homemade Brioche from Masala Herb
- Onion Cheddar Cheese Focaccia from Flour On My Face
- Poached Pear Bread from Hip Foodie Mom
Amazing Appetizers and Cocktails:
- Blood Orange Gin Fizz from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Blue Cheese Walnut Tarts from Magnolia Days
- Caramelized Onion and Mushroom Stuffed Butternut Squash from Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Cheesy Twists from What Smells So Good?
- Key Lime Pie Martini from girlichef
- Pizza Dip from The Food Army Wife
- Slow Cooker Party Mix from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
Spectacular Soups and Salads:
- Creamy, Tangy Bacon Salad Dressing from Daily Dish Recipes
- Day at the Beach Healthy Tuna Salad from Shockingly Delicious
- Low Carb Spicy Chunky Vegetable Beef Chili from Yours and Mine Are Ours
- Luscious Fruit Salad from Pescetarian Journal
- Quinoa and Buffalo Chicken Salad from In the Kitchen with KP
- Carne de Porco Alentejana | Portuguese Pork and Clams from Family Foodie
- Chicken Shami Kebab from Soni’s Food
- Chicken and Rice Dinner in the Crock from Momma’s Meals
- Curried Chicken from The Foodie Patootie
- Healthy Chicken Tetrazzini from Citronlimette
- Imagination Stew from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Orecchiette with Chicken, Brocccoli, Mushrooms and Onions from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Runny Egg Risotto from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Sautéed Chicken with Tarragon Cream Sauce plus Arugula, Radicchio and Escarole Salad from Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Seafood Stew from Healthy. Delicious.
- Spice-Crusted Fish Tacos with Confetti Salsa from The Weekend Gourmet
- Spicy Roasted Squash and Wild Rice Bake from Curious Cuisiniere
- Spicy Shrimp Tempura Rolls from kimchi MOM
- Spinach Proscuitto Macaroni and Cheese with Walnut Topping from Noshing with the Nolands
- Tuscan Chicken Spinach Soup with Roasted Red Pepper from Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Azuki Red Bean Ice Cream from The Ninja Baker
- Banana Pudding Parfaits from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Birthday Cake Macaron from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Caramel Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars from Pies and Pots
- Chocolate Mousse Torte from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cinnamon Sugar Churros and Chocolate Sauce from Neighborfood
- Crumb Cake Brownies from Table for Seven
- Frozen Chocolate Covered Banana Pops from Ruffles & Truffles
- Gluten-Free Epiphany Cake from Happy Baking Days
- Gluten-Free Vegan Coconut Cookies by Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Happy Birthday Cake Batter Truffles from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Kahlua Toffee Ice Cream Cake from Webicurean
- Mini Chocolate Bundt Cake with Raspberry Sauce from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Pineapple Coconut Cupcakes from Basic N Delicious
- S’mores Snack Cake from Alida’s Kitchen
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy! You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.