Easy Ice Cream Pie is a delicious, creamy pie that can be made in minutes and chilled to perfection. With this dessert, some family size meals and more, you have an instant dinner party in your freezer!
In preparation for holiday celebrations and entertaining, it’s that time of year when you’re making your lists and checking them twice. If you’re like me, you have it all planned out…or so you think. Then your kids take a short 20 minute nap, have extra activities for the holidays, they need you to play trains, need help put on socks, or just neeeeeeeed something! Sound familiar? (please say yes!) Life happens, right? That’s why I have found some tricks to help make meals and entertaining easier during this busy holiday season.
Pies always make such impressive desserts, but they don’t have to be complicated. This Easy Ice Cream Pie is super simple to make and is just as impressive as any other pie that requires more effort. Start with a ready made cookie (or graham cracker) crust, then fill it with your favorite holiday ice cream, drizzle some chocolate syrup over the ice cream and then top it with whipped topping. Decorate with Holiday sprinkles, and you have a delicious, festive pie made in minutes! Then pop it in the freezer to chill to creamy perfection until you are ready to serve. Your guests will be delighted with this Easy Ice Cream Pie!
- 1 ready made pie crust (graham cracker or chocolate cookie)
- 1 quart ice cream, softened (such as Edy's Slow Churned A Very Merry Egg Nog or Peppermint Wonderland)
- ½ cup chocolate syrup
- 2 cups whipped topping, thawed
- sprinkles, for decoration
- Scoop ice cream into crust, pressing down with a spatula to flatten.
- Drizzle with chocolate syrup.
- Top with whipped topping and decorate as desired.
- Freeze until firm, about 4 hours to overnight. Then slice and serve!
So we have dessert all figured out, what about the rest of the meal?
Nestle’s Family Size Entrees are delicious options that can be stocked in your freezer for when unexpected guests stop by or when you just need a helping hand in the kitchen. Plus, I have some tips to give these meals a homemade touch.
- Start with Digiorno Rising Crust Pizza (Pepperoni) – I cut these into squares and serve them as a (very popular) appetizer.
- Stouffer’s Party Size Entrees: Macaroni and Cheese – By offering an array of toppings you can create a Macaroni and Cheese bar that can please even your pickiest guests. Suggested toppings include: bacon (!), garlic bread crumbs, roasted vegetables, salsa, the skies the limit!
- Stouffer’s Party Size Entrees: Lasagna with Meat Sauce – Served with a side salad or a green vegetable, some garlic bread, you have a classic Holiday dinner that everybody will love.
- Ice cream is always a winner for dessert, and it can easily be transformed into an Easy Ice Cream Pie. Use limited edition seasonal flavors, such as Edy’s Slow Churned A Very Merry Eggnog or Edy’s Slow Churned Peppermint Wonderland, to make dessert even more festive.
I was able to find all of these and more in the frozen foods section of my local Walmart, which was super convenient. Enjoy!