Garlic and Herb Pizza Puffs are tasty little pizza bites filled with cheese, garlic and herbs. They make a great appetizer, snack or light meal and are perfect for dipping in your favorite pizza sauce!
This week, Sunday Supper partnered with Gourmet Garden to share easy Holiday entertaining recipes. We were provided with a wide variety of Gourmet Garden products, including various herbs, garlic, ginger and more. These products are used like fresh herbs in a one-to-one ratio, but can be used in place of dried, typically at a two-to-one ratio. So, two tablespoons Gourmet Garden ginger equals one tablespoon dried ginger.
I have been using Gourmet Garden products whenever I can in my every day recipes. First I made Gingerbread Pancakes using Gourmet Garden’s ginger. It was so nice to not have to peel or grate the fresh ginger. I just squeezed out the exact amount I needed and put it back in the refrigerator for next time. Anyway, my family ate so many pancakes, I only had one lonely pancake left for pictures. Needless to say, I will be making them again (saving more for pictures this time) and will share the recipe soon!
Next I was inspired by my Garden Pizza Puffs recipe. I frequently make vegetable pizza puffs with spinach, broccoli and/or mushrooms. This time I decided to go with something simple – Garlic and Herb Pizza Puffs. I mean, you really can’t go wrong with fresh garlic, herbs and cheese, right? I used Gourmet Garden’s garlic paste and Italian herbs in this recipe. It was so nice and easy to have fresh, chopped herbs and garlic at the squeeze of a tube.
Garlic and Herb Pizza Puffs are delicious as-is, but they are also perfect dipped in your favorite pizza sauce. Because I am usually making these pizza puffs on the fly, I like to have a jarred sauce on hand at all times. Another one of my kitchen secrets is to freshen a jarred sauce with some fresh basil. I like to start with about 1 tablespoon basil to 1 cup of sauce and then adjust to taste. I used Gourmet Garden’s basil, and having the fresh chopped basil at the squeeze of a tube really makes it easy to adjust the amounts to perfection.
You can find Gourmet Garden products at your grocery store in the fresh produce section near the fresh herbs. To learn more, visit Gourmet Garden’s website and sign up for their newsletter and download a coupon! Gourmet Garden can also be found on Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest.
- ¾ cup flour (all-purpose or whole wheat pastry)
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon Gourmet Garden Garlic (paste or chunky)
- 1 tablespoon Gourmet Garden Italian Herbs
- ½ cup chopped fresh spinach
- ¼ cup fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup pizza or pasta sauce, for dipping
- 1 tablespoon Gourmet Garden Basil, for pizza sauce
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees. Spray 18 cups in mini-muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside. (I have 2 12-cup mini muffin tins, so just fill the 6 empty cups with water before baking).
- In a large bowl, whisk flour and baking powder. Add milk and egg, whisking until combined.
- Fold in mozzarella cheese, garlic, herbs and spinach, gently mixing until combined. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile combine sauce and basil to make the dipping sauce. Adjust amounts as desired.
- Divide batter evenly among prepared muffin tin(s). Sprinkle tops with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until puffed and golden. Let cool in pan for 5 minutes. Remove from pan and serve with sauce for dipping.
- Lemongrass Ginger Pancakes for a Holiday Brunch by Daily Dish Recipes
- Buttery Herb Pull-Apart Rolls by girlichef
- Garlic and Herb Crusted Lamb Lollipops by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Thai Style Grilled Monkfish Appetizer by Soni’s Food
- Green Goddess Dip by Juanita’s Cocina
- Garlic and Herb Pizza Puffs by Alida’s Kitchen
- Herbed Goat Cheese and Sun Dried Tomato on Crostini by Supper for a Steal
- Prosciutto, Gruyere and Basil Pinwheels by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Thai-style Mussels by kimchi MOM
- Crispy Prosciutto Garlic Potato Soup by Family Foodie
- Carnita Style Beef by The Foodie Army Wife
- Chicken Cakes with Cilantro Garlic Mayo by The Dinner-Mom
- Coconut Lemongrass Chicken Curry- Two Ways! by Hip Foodie Mom
- Creamy Pasta with Spinach, Chili, and Walnuts by Healthy. Delicious.
- Herb and Garlic Clam Linguini by Noshing With The Nolands
- Quick Winter Marinara by The Messy Baker
- Italian Mac & Cheese Stuffed Peppers by Foxes Love Lemons
- Herb Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Steamed Broccoli by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Lemongrass Coconut Quick Bread by Magnolia Days
You can Pin these recipes from our Easy Holiday Entertaining Pinterest Board.
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our#SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy! You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
This post is sponsored by Gourmet Garden Herbs & Spices. All opinions are my own.