Pudding Cookie Cups are chocolate chip cookie dough baked in a mini muffin tin and topped with your favorite JELL-O pudding. These fun treats are easy to make and can be decorated for any holiday or occasion.
With all the decorations, the costumes, the pumpkins and the spooky edibles, Halloween is by far my favorite holiday. With Halloween only two weeks away, I wanted to share some fun treat ideas that are easy to make and great for kids. These could be for a Halloween party or simply to treat all those neighbor kids paying your house a visit.
Pudding Cookie Cups combine two things kids love – cookies and pudding – into a fun little bite-size treat. The basic premise is quite simple. Take chocolate chip cookie dough, bake it in a mini muffin tin and voila – you have a cookie that is shaped like a cupcake with a fallen center. In other words, a cookie cup! Whisk together your favorite JELL-O Instant Pudding (I used Chocolate, but any flavor will work) and chill. Top cookie cups with pudding and decorate as desired.
I wanted these treats to be suitable for a holiday treat platter, so I had to figure out how to pipe the pudding (like frosting) to create an impressive presentation. I experimented a bit to create a consistency suitable for piping, crossed my fingers, and as you can see, it worked! Add a few sprinkles, and you have a festive treat that is perfect for Halloween or any occasion.
Here are some more Halloween treats that kids of all ages will enjoy:
- MMMMonster JIGGLERS – I love how fun (and easy!) these little JELL-O snacks are. Plus, they even tell you how to make them glow!
- Halloween JIGGLERS Hands – Kids will love to see their traced hand turn into a JELL-O snack! Perfect to use as an edible decoration on your treat platter (or dinner plate!)
- Ghost Bananas* – cut a banana in half, use chocolate chips for decoration and you have a healthy snack that is really cute!
- Mandarin Orange Pumpkins* – peel your mandarin orange, and put a small piece of celery in the top for the stem. Another fun healthy snack!
- Ghost Cupcakes from Dinners, Dishes and Desserts – These cupcakes are frosted to look like a ghost and are adorable.
- Witches Hats from Modern Christian Homemaker – are made with 3 ingredients and require no cooking or baking.
These are all great because they’re festive, easy to make, and kids can just grab and go!
- 16½ ounces prepared chocolate chip cookie dough
- 1 package (3.9 oz, or any 4-serving box) JELL-O instant pudding, any flavor
- 1 cup milk (I use skim)
- sprinkles, for decoration
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Spray 2 12-cup mini muffin tins with cooking spray and set aside.
- MAKE COOKIE CUPS: Divide cookie dough into 24 portions, and roll into balls. Place each ball into prepared mini-muffin tin. Bake for 9 to 11 minutes, or until dough starts to turn golden. Remove from oven and let sit in pan to cool for 2 minutes. [Note: cups will form a natural indentation once removed from the oven] Carefully ease cookie cups out of pan using a knife and place on wire rack to cool completely.
- MAKE PUDDING: Meanwhile, whisk together Jell-O pudding and milk for 2 minutes, or until combined. Mixture will be very stiff! If you want to pipe the pudding onto the cups, chill pudding in the refrigerator to set for at least 5 minutes to overnight. (See note)
- FILL: Put pudding in a pastry bag fixed with desired tip and pipe pudding on the indentation of the cookie cup.
- DECORATE: Top with festive sprinkles, as desired.
- STORE: Store in refrigerator until ready to serve. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before serving, if you want them to be room temperature. They're good either way!
This post brought to you by JELL-O, making Halloween more wiggly for everyone. Check out more Halloween recipes here: JELLO.com/recipes.
Since today is Wednesday, it’s the day for 12 Weeks of Christmas Treats, hosted by Brenda of Meal Planning Magic. Can you believe we’re already to Week 4? While these Pudding Cookie Cups were decorated for Halloween, they can easily be made into a festive treat for Christmas using red, white and green sprinkles. Pudding Cookie Cups make a lovely addition to any holiday platter.
Are you a blogger who wants in on the fun? You can join us any time! Click here for more details and to sign up.