Snickerdoodle Cookie Bars have the classic taste of a buttery, cinnamon-y snickerdoodle cookie in a quick and easy to make bar.
While I love to make (and eat!) cookies, the simplicity of turning a cookie recipe into a quick and easy to make bar is very attractive. Especially when life gets busy or you get a last minute request for goodies, it is so nice to be able whip the batter together, pour it into a pan and bake. No portioning, scooping, rolling required. Just bake, cut into squares and serve.
These Snickerdoodle Cookie Bars are a wonderful treat for the holidays, or any time. They are buttery and cinnamon-y, like their cookie cousins, yet can be made in minutes. I thought this recipe would be perfect for Week #3 of the 12 Weeks of Christmas Treats. Snickerdoodle Cookie Bars offer a little variety for your holiday cookie platter and are loved by many!
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⅛ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon-sugar, for topping
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Spray a 8-inch square baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl with a mixer (hand or stand) at high speed, cream butter and sugars until fluffy.
- Add baking soda, cinnamon and salt, and switch mixer to low, just to mix these ingredients with the butter mixture.
- Add egg and vanilla, beating at medium speed until incorporated.
- Stir in flour by hand (or with your mixer at low speed) until combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking pan. Mixture will be thick, so smooth it out to fit in the pan. (Tip: I used a silicone spatula sprayed with a little cooking spray to help spread it). Bake for 20 minutes, or a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Move pan to a wire rack and then sprinkle cinnamon-sugar over warm bars. Let cool completely and then cut into squares.
We are at Week 3 of the 12 Weeks of Christmas Treats, hosted by Brenda of Meal Planning Magic! Each week, along with several blogger friends, I will be posting a sweet treat suitable for a holiday treat table. Be sure to take a look at the thumbnails at the bottom of this post to see what everyone else is making. And make sure you’re following the 12 Weeks of Christmas Treats on Pinterest so you can keep track of all the recipes.
Are you a blogger who wants in on the fun? You can join us any time! Click here for more details and to sign up.