With 10 cloves of garlic, Garlicky Spaghetti with Roasted Broccoli is garlic lovers dream! This easy recipe is quick to make, healthy and perfect for a weeknight.
When pressed for time, pasta one of our go-tos for a quick and easy dinner. While it can be simple, pasta is also versatile enough to allow for creativity…or at least some variety. Whenever I try a new recipe, I look at the garlic amount and typically double it. Not necessary with Garlicky Spaghetti with Roasted Broccoli. It has 10 cloves of garlic! I wondered if the garlic might be overwhelming, but it is tempered when sauteed and nicely balanced with the cheese and crushed red pepper. Roasted broccoli adds a wonderful little crunch as well.
This simple, yet delicious meal takes only 20 minutes to make. First put the broccoli in the oven to roast. In the time it takes to cook the broccoli, simple cook the pasta, make a light little sauce, and everything is done at roughly the same time. Quick and easy, perfect for a weeknight!
- 12 ounces fresh broccoli florets
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Italian herb seasoning
- 8 ounces spaghetti (or other long, thin pasta)
- 10 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper, adjust to taste
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 450F degrees. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- Toss broccoli with 1 tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle with Italian herb seasoning. Spread in a single layer on prepared baking sheet. Roast until broccoli is crisp-tender and starting to brown (about 15 minutes), stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, bring pot of water to a boil. Cook pasta 3 minutes short of al dente per package directions. Drain and reserve 1 cup pasta cooking water.
- In the same pot, heat remaining olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and saute until fragrant and golden brown (about 2 minutes). Remove from heat, and stir in crushed red pepper, pinch of salt, and 1 cup pasta water.
- Add pasta and ½ cup cheese, and simmer over medium heat, tossing gently, until sauce coats pasta and most of the water evaporates (about 2 to 3 minutes).
- Remove from heat, add broccoli and toss to combine. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and serve immediately.
I am excited to be sharing this quick and easy recipe for Garlicky Spaghetti with Roasted Broccoli as part of the Sunday Supper Movement’s Weekday Supper initiative. As I have shared before, each weekday, one blogger from the group shares a recipe for quick and easy meals easily found in a grocery store. The idea behind Weekday Supper is that Sunday Supper starts as just one day a week…and soon becomes a way of life.
Monday Crockpot Balsamic Chicken from Foodie Army Wife.com
With a rich, deep sauce and fall apart tender chicken Crockpot Balsamic Chicken makes a great Weekday Supper served on a bed of minutes-to-make to make couscous.
Wednesday Caprese Grain Salad from Shockingly Delicious
Late summer tomatoes and basil combine with fresh mozzarella balls in a grain salad reminiscent of a classic Caprese salad. This one is on the table in less than 30 minutes.
Thursday Salmon BLT from girlichef
A classic BLT is taken to the next level when topped with a salmon fillet and some tangy lemon mayo – with a kick!
Friday Citrus & Herb Turkey Tenderloin from Foxes Love Lemons
Quick-cooking turkey tenderloin is simmered on the stovetop with fresh orange juice and zest, sun-dried tomatoes, rosemary and tarragon. Serve with potatoes or rice for a quick weeknight supper!