Tortellini Primavera is a creamy, cheesy pasta dish made with with lots of vegetables. It is quick, easy and healthy ~ perfect for a weeknight!
Like most people, we are always looking for quick and easy recipes for weeknight dinners. While frozen pizza or takeout seem like a quick fix for those busy nights, we always prefer something healthier, tastier, and homemade. But like I said, it has to be easy, right? This Tortellini Primavera is all that, plus it’s super tasty! With all the vegetables, the cheese, the creaminess, the cheese-filled tortellini, and being easy to make, you really can’t go wrong.
Here I made Tortellini Primavera with mushrooms, spinach and tomatoes, but you can easily substitute your favorite vegetables or use up what you have on hand. Leftovers reheat well for lunches the next day (or another easy dinner!)
- 20-ounce package cheese tortellini (fresh or frozen)
- ½ pound sliced fresh mushrooms (I use baby bellas)
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- ⅔ cups skim milk
- 8-ounce package ⅓ less fat cream cheese, cubed
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook tortellini according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and onions, and cook until tender. Add garlic and cook one minute longer.
- Add milk and cream cheese to skillet, stirring until cream cheese is melted. Add spinach and Italian seasoning, stirring until heated through.
- Add drained tortellini and tomatoes to sauce mixture and toss. Remove from heat, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve.
I am sharing this Tortellini Primavera recipe as part of the Sunday Supper Movement’s Weekday Supper initiative. Each weekday, one blogger from the group shares a recipe for quick and easy meals easily found in a grocery store. The idea behind Weekday Supper is that Sunday Supper starts as just one day a week…and soon becomes a way of life.
Be sure to check out all of the great recipes for this week’s #WeekdaySupper:
- Monday – Adriana’s Best Recipes – Turkey Picadillo
- Wednesday – That Skinny Chick Can Bake – Chicken Bulgoge
- Thursday – Cookin’ Mimi – Chicken Fajita Melts
- Friday – Shockingly Delicious – Tuna Tomato Cucumber End-of-Summer Salad