Baked Cinnamon French Toast is a decadent yet simple breakfast (or breakfast for dinner, as we talked about yesterday). Made with cinnamon swirl bread that is drenched and baked into a rich custard, Baked Cinnamon French Toast toast is beyond delicious. It takes 10 minutes to prepare and then you can bake it right away since this is not an overnight French toast. While it’s not an overnight variety, you certainly can make it ahead and store covered in the refrigerator until you’re ready to bake
This Baked Cinnamon French Toast is not something that I would have every day, simply because I like to have my boring old breakfast of old fashioned oats with a banana every day. But this French toast is definitely a wonderful treat worth enjoying for a special occasion…like perhaps for Mother’s Day this Sunday (hint hint Mike!)
- Cooking spray
- 12 slices cinnamon bread or cinnamon raisin bread
- 2 cups half and half (fat free works fine)
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted (light better works fine)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 13"x9" pan with cooking spray.
- In prepared pan, place six slices of bread and top with remaining 6 slices of bread.
- In a large bowl, whisk together half and half, eggs, butter, vanilla and cinnamon. Pour over bread, pressing bread down so some liquid is absorbed.
- Bake for 45 minutes until bread is golden brown. Sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired.
Source: I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter