Today I am being featured over at Momma’s Meals where I’m being featured as part of Tammi’s Featured Fridays series! Every Friday, Tammi gets to know her fellow bloggers and makes one of their recipes to share with her family and then with her readers.
I thought it would be fun to make something from Tammi’s site to share with you, and her Individual Deep Dish Pizzas were perfect! Incidentally I had been looking at an Everyday Food recipe for little deep dish pizzas made in a muffin tin, so these Mini Deep-Dish Pizzas that I’m sharing with you is sort of a combination of the two recipes.
- Cooking spray
- All-purpose flour, for rolling
- 1 pound pizza dough (homemade or store-bought) - in 12 pieces
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup pizza sauce (I used a homemade marinara sauce)
- Your favorite pizza toppings - about 1 to 2 tablespoons per pizza (I used chopped broccoli and red onion)
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spray 12 standard muffin cups with cooking spray. Set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out each piece of pizza dough into 6-inch circles. Place into prepared muffin cup, gently pressing dough into bottom and up the sides. Season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Put 1 tablespoon sauce in each dough cup. Top sauce with 1 to 2 tablespoons of pizza toppings and then top with cheese.
- Bake until dough is browned and crisp, approximately 12 minutes. Let cool for 2-5 minutes before removing from cups.