Baked Dorito-Crusted Chicken came to me in a dream, which is funny because I’m typically not a flavored chip person (except for salt ‘n vinegar…yum!) I dismissed it as a quirky pregnancy dream. That is, until we had a bag of cheese tortilla chips (remember my Green Giant post?), which were just asking to be paired with chicken.
Baked Dorito-Crusted Chicken tastes like…wait for it….yep, you guessed it. Doritos and chicken. And it’s really good! The chicken is moist and juicy. The salty, cheesy chips give a nice seasoning to the chicken as well. We were very happy to finally turn my crazy dream into a delicious reality!
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup crushed cheese tortilla chips (or any chip will work here)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon milk (I used skim)
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (4 to 5 ounces each)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Put crushed chips in a shallow bowl.
- In a separate shallow bowl, whisk egg and milk until combined.
- Dip chicken breasts in milk mixture and then dip in chips, coating the chicken. Place on prepared baking sheet and lightly spray tops with cooking spray.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.