I am excited to share this recipe with you. Easy Ravioli Lasagna has become one of our favorite weeknight dinners! It has the delicious flavor of lasagna yet is made with only 5 main ingredients and takes 10 minutes to prepare ~ perfect these days when I find myself juggling a newborn and a busy 3 year old at dinnertime. This lasagna can also be made ahead (like before leaving for work or, in my case, before the kids wake up) so it’s ready to just pop in the oven at dinner.
From the original recipe, I increased the sauce, added some red pepper flakes, and actually reduced the cheese (surprising for a cheese-lover like myself, but it was way too much and took away from the overall dish). This Easy Ravioli Lasagna is made with spinach, but I think sautéed mushrooms and garlic would also be delicious. We have made this several times, and it’s always a crowd-pleaser. Speaking of crowds, this recipe can easily be doubled to fit a 13″x9″ lasagna pan and you’ll have enough to serve a crowd or have lots of leftovers for lunches. It reheats beautifully!
- 1 1/2 cups pasta sauce (I use Muir Glen Tomato Basil)
- 20-ounce package cheese ravioli (refrigerated or frozen)
- 10 ounces frozen, chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 4 ounces (1 cup) shredded part-skim mozzarella
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- Crushed red pepper flakes, to taste (optional)
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray an 8-inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Pour 1/2 cup pasta sauce over bottom of dish.
- Layer bottom of dish with half of the ravioli.
- Cover ravioli with 1/2 cup sauce and top with spinach and half of mozzarella (1/2 cup).
- Repeat with remaining ravioli, sauce and mozzarella. Sprinkle top with Parmesan and crushed red pepper flakes, if using.
- Cover dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake until bubbling and starts to brown, about 10 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes and then serve.
Slightly adapted from All You, March 2009