Speaking of chili, I am working on a fabulous new chili recipe to share with you soon. In the meantime, this Three Bean Vegetarian Chili can be made in less than 30 minutes and is our current chili of choice.
- 1¼ cups buttermilk
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh cranberries, halved
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray 8" square baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a small bowl (or in a liquid measuring cup) combine buttermilk, oil and egg.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add milk mixture to flour mixture, folding until just combined. Gently fold in cranberries.
- Pour mixture in prepared baking dish. Sprinkle the top with sugar. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack.
Adapted from Cooking Light, September, 2012