Pumpkin Bundt Cake is a simple and delicious pumpkin pound cake, with warm spices and pumpkin-y goodness throughout. What attracted me to this recipe, aside from a slight pumpkin obsession, is that the ingredients are simple pantry items that I have on hand at all times. What made me fall in love with the recipe, aside from it being delicious, was how easy it was to make. The batter took me less than 10 minutes to whip together. Then bake for about an hour, let it cool, and voila! You have an elegant and versatile dessert that will happily feed a crowd or, in our case, treat a small family for a week.
Can you believe we are already in Week 6 of the 12 Weeks of Christmas Treats! Not only will this Pumpkin Bundt Cake be excellent served alongside your holiday cookie platter, but it would also be a tasty alternative at Thanksgiving dinner or even served at a brunch.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin
- powdered sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 10-inch bundt pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, spices and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat sugar and oil until combined. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition, and add vanilla with the last egg.
- To the egg mixture, alternate adding flour mixture and pumpkin, beating well on medium-low after each addition.
- Pour into prepared bundt pan. Bake for 60 to 65 minutes, or until a tootpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before inverting onto a wire rack. Let cool completely and then dust with powdered sugar before serving.
Slightly adapted from Taste of Home
Be sure to check out all the other bloggers who are participating this week in the 12 Weeks of Christmas Treats blog hop. And if you’re a blogger and want to join in on the fun, check out this post for the form to fill out to start baking along with us.