The end of summer is one of my favorite times of year because it means zucchini is everywhere. Zucchini is such a versatile vegetable that gets turned into delicious dishes, both savory and sweet, with so many possibilities! I found myself with some zucchini and some leftover carrots from making Carrot Cake Pancakes. My first instinct was to make pancakes (which might come later), but Carrot Zucchini Bread has been on my list for quite a while. A quick bread with double veggies has got to be a good thing. Carrot Zucchini Bread is a super tasty, fun twist on zucchini bread!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup grated zucchini (squeeze out some excess moisture)
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 8x4 loaf pan (or spray with baking spray) and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs and oil until well blended. Add sugar and vanilla, and whisk until combined. Add zucchini and carrot, stirring until combined.
- Add flour mixture to zucchini mixture, gently folding until just combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared loaf pan and bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 5 to 10 minutes and then move to wire rack to cool completely.
Adapted from Food.com