Many months ago, I made peanut butter cup blondies. They were incredible, but also left me wondering about other candy possibilities. The options seem limitless. Since Peanut Butter M&Ms rank in my top 5 favorite candies, if not top 3 (after Nutrageous and Peanut Butter Cups, of course), Peanut Butter M&M Blondies were a logical progression.
Let’s just say the experiment was a success. I used a generous helping of M&Ms instead of peanut butter cups. I also used peanut butter chips to boost the peanut buttery goodness. The result was dangerous. Lots of tasty M&Ms in every bite, lots of good peanut butter flavor…yet they still come in around 210 calories. Gotta love it!
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1/3 cup natural peanut butter (chunky or creamy)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup peanut butter M&M candies, divided
- 1/4 cup peanut butter chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 9-inch square baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a medium bowl, stir to combine butter, peanut butter, eggs and vanilla.
- Add peanut butter mixture to flour mixture, stirring until combined (do not over mix).
- Fold in 1/2 cup peanut butter M&Ms and peanut butter chips.
- Pour mixture into baking pan and spread to fill pan. Top with remaining 1/2 cup peanut butter M&Ms, pressing them into the batter.
- Bake for 19 minutes, or until set. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.