In several posts I have talked about my grandma. I have shared about her love of baking (and her grandchildrens’ love of her baking!) I have shared one of her recipes. I have also shared that these Peanut Butter Bars are my favorite of her recipes, which is a bold statement considering all of her ‘Grandma Goodies’ were superb!
Many years before she died, my grandma wrote out several of her recipes and gifted recipe boxes to my brother and to me. I am so grateful she included the recipe for these bars. As a child, little did I realize how quick and easy these are to make. These delicious bars have a simple ingredient list and require no baking. A reason to love them even more!
- 1 cup natural peanut butter, chunky
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1½ cups Rice Krispies cereal (or other puffed rice cereal)
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, beat peanut butter and melted butter until fluffy.
- Add powdered sugar, beating until blended.
- By hand, stir in cereal.
- Put mixture in 8" or 9" square baking pan and use waxed paper to press mixture to fill out pan. Chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Melt chocolate chips (in microwave or stovetop) and pour over peanut butter mixture. Spread until evenly covered. Refrigerate until chocolate is set, at least 1 hour.